infinity Gold stock amp... One channel out? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > infinity Gold stock amp... One channel out?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!

Unread 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
Bobbo7

infinity Gold stock amp... One channel out?

I have a 94 Grand Cherokee Ltd with stock infinity gold stereo.
RR speaker not working.
I've verified from the connector at the amp that...

1. I'm getting signal from the factory head unit (pin 5 & 6)
2. Good continuity from connector to the door wires (pin 3 & 9)

Got the diagrams from this forum THANKS!!

From wiring dgm posts... I don't see separate fusing for each channel.

Other 5 outputs working FR, FR tweet, FL, FL Tweet, LRear.

Any ideas? or is that channel in amp out??

Thanks

Bobbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
funkduck
2002 WJ 

I've had the later generation Infinity factory amp apart, there's not provision in the device for individual fusing.. in fact the IC's drive the external connector pins directly, you can see the big fat traces on the PCB right here (they go under the rail caps, but connect directly to the drive IC's) - so if you have a dead channel, the amp's dead. See if someone's selling/giving away theirs, or start shopping for an aftermarket replacement

Note: since it's a rear channel output not working, you may also be able to simply bypass the Infinity amp and drive the rear speakers directly with the head unit. I'd suggest doing this for both left and right at the same time and making sure you get polarity correct (wrong polarity won't cause a failure, just bad sound) - it's a cheap-and-dirty way to do it, but I'm not above doing cheap things when the cost isn't worth the results.
Unread 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM   #3
Bobbo7

Thanks, that saves me from opening up an amp I'm not impressed with! I'll grab one from salvage. It's not worth an audio upgrade. The head unit is so weak it's not worth the bypass but thanks for that option. Grandpap handed this one down to my 16 year old for his firs ride!! so the stereo matters...
It's safe and runs good.
thanks again for the quick response
Bobbo7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
grand cherokee , infinity gold speakers , speakers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.