ignition hell, no key cylinder..need ignition wiring help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > ignition hell, no key cylinder..need ignition wiring help

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 01-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
Keepajeep
1994 YJ Wrangler 

ignition hell, no key cylinder..need ignition wiring help

Doing a 4.0L swap and trying to identify wiring from ignition switch on top of column. I located what I believe to be the ignition switch, on top of the column behind the speed/tach. Into this switch go two connectors; one black (4 wire) and one blue (3 wire).

black connector =

RED ( heavy gauge ) constant power 12V
white/black stripe (x2) wires look identical
black/orange stripe

Blue connector=
violet
yellow
black/white stripe

the problem is the key-cylinder is missing from the column, PO had pulled it to replace it and never finished. I thought I could use the pin selector to engage on-ignition-start. No luck, pin behind cylinder for key just spins

I do have an ignition/start panel from 12Vguy. I want to bypass the ignition/key all together.

The motor is freshly rebuilt, hasn't even been started.
I am trying to wire things so I can first ensure I have fuel to the rail.

I want fuel to rail, and haven't got the pump to turn on. I just don't know where to tie in the live feed I have so that my accesories come on.

then prime oil pump manually
ensure spark,
try for initial start up

Keepajeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.