I think I know what I am talking about - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > I think I know what I am talking about

LJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off RoadEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
eagleno49
throbbing member

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think I know what I am talking about

I was looking for these speaker "cups" that your speaker would mount into. They are used when the place you are mounting a speaker is open in the back so that it closes the back. Crutchfield used to have them and I think they were made of some type of rubber. If anyone knows what I am talking about and where I can get them, let me know.

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
SirGCal

Foam speaker baffels?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-a62CAmj...sp?g=762&avf=N

Crutchfield still has em but they aren't rubber and they don't do anything for sound. They are to protect the speakers from water from the back side (like in a door). To make them work better for sound you could use them for a base for fiberglass though but alone they don't do anything for sound.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
eagleno49
throbbing member

1998 TJ Wrangler 

See, I thought I knew what I was talking about, but i guess I didn't. Well, I am good with fiberglass so I guess that is an option.
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Ruffy

on top of that closing powerfull speakers up with them could cause sound degradation and problems

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.