I think I know what I am talking about - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > I think I know what I am talking about

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:46 PM   #1
eagleno49
throbbing member

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I think I know what I am talking about

I was looking for these speaker "cups" that your speaker would mount into. They are used when the place you are mounting a speaker is open in the back so that it closes the back. Crutchfield used to have them and I think they were made of some type of rubber. If anyone knows what I am talking about and where I can get them, let me know.

Unread 03-26-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
SirGCal

Foam speaker baffels?

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-a62CAmj...sp?g=762&avf=N

Crutchfield still has em but they aren't rubber and they don't do anything for sound. They are to protect the speakers from water from the back side (like in a door). To make them work better for sound you could use them for a base for fiberglass though but alone they don't do anything for sound.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2005, 06:02 PM   #3
eagleno49
throbbing member

1998 TJ Wrangler 

See, I thought I knew what I was talking about, but i guess I didn't. Well, I am good with fiberglass so I guess that is an option.
Unread 03-26-2005, 07:11 PM   #4
Ruffy

on top of that closing powerfull speakers up with them could cause sound degradation and problems

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.