How to Speaker Upgrade Tutorial: 4x6" to 5.25" (Lots of pics) - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > How to Speaker Upgrade Tutorial: 4x6" to 5.25" (Lots of pics)

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplieCustom Axle Work at CCORJEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 04-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #121
ShizfunK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Pictures

Pics of speaker on mount(front and back); of it connected; and of the speaker mounted in dash

cam00217-2-768x1024-.jpg   cam00218-768x1024-.jpg   cam00219-768x1024-.jpg   cam00220-768x1024-.jpg  
ShizfunK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #122
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thought you bought these?

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #123
ShizfunK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I did but the pic is wrong for some reason. They're shaped alpt more like yours than that pic. Rounded corners and 3 mounting holes for the speaker holes.
Unread 04-09-2014, 04:19 PM   #124
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizfunK
I did but the pic is wrong for some reason. They're shaped alpt more like yours than that pic. Rounded corners and 3 mounting holes for the speaker holes.
Ok I'm confused. In the first post you said you didn't buy the NALIN adapters? But now are saying you did? Because the picture you posted does not look like NALIN adapters..

NALIN adapters if bought from him/his website don't interfere with anything been running them now for 3 years, flawless!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
esad_b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #125
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by esad_b View Post
Ok I'm confused. In the first post you said you didn't buy the NALIN adapters? But now are saying you did? Because the picture you posted does not look like NALIN adapters..

NALIN adapters if bought from him/his website don't interfere with anything been running them now for 3 years, flawless!

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
The only places to buy NalinMFG speaker adapters are from NalinMFG.com and eBay seller Nalin_Manufacturing_LLC. I have no resellers/affiliates.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #126
ShizfunK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizfunK View Post
I did but the pic is wrong for some reason. They're shaped alot more like yours than that pic. Rounded corners and 3 mounting holes for the speaker holes.
I said they are shaped MORE like the nalin ones than the pic he posted. Once i switched the sides the adapters were on the rubbing went away.
Unread 04-09-2014, 08:21 PM   #127
ShizfunK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got the Polks in today. Installed without a hitch, must've been a defective speaker. Now if only i knew if buying an OEM soundbar and harness would work, audio would be done.
Unread 04-10-2014, 09:23 AM   #128
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Got the Polks in today. Installed without a hitch, must've been a defective speaker. Now if only i knew if buying an OEM soundbar and harness would work, audio would be done.
Why wouldn't it work? It's straight forward to add the soundbar. You can even add PODS like the newer TJ's have instead of the whole bar..

However if you do get a OEM soundbar, get ready to replace the speakers in there also as the stock ones are junk.

Need a wiring diagram for the soundbar too? I can get you the diagram if you need?
--- 2.5L | 5SPD | 31" Goodyear Authority A/T | Ramsey 8000 Winch | Rubicon Rocker Guards ---
My Progress Page
Unread 04-10-2014, 10:43 AM   #129
ShizfunK
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I read that you can't add a sound bar with harness in the ones that didn't have it stock. Because there's no place to plug in the harness. As far as wiring diagrams goes, yes please. I'm liking the pod idea will 6.5 speakers fit or is there mods necessary. Will the lights come on with doors and headlight knob?
Unread 04-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #130
esad_b
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I read that you can't add a sound bar with harness in the ones that didn't have it stock. Because there's no place to plug in the harness. As far as wiring diagrams goes, yes please. I'm liking the pod idea will 6.5 speakers fit or is there mods necessary. Will the lights come on with doors and headlight knob?
The harness for the soundbar is in the drivers footwell, look under there you should see a maze of wires.

This I found with a quick search, if you dont have the connector (C323) you can make one. Or simple just run the speakers straight to the back of your stereo..

Quote:
The bottom slot for a connector is 2 pins high, by 5 pins wide, and is where the harness for the sound bar plugs in. If your lucky, they left a blank connector there. I also bought a sound bar used so had to make my harness. I found a 2x5 connector off a friends wrecked cherokee, and sanded it to fit. Then hooked up my speaker wires, and light so that they connected with the respective pins in the terminal block.
Or go to the wrecker and find a Jeep that has the soundbar and take the bar along with the harness off it. If you run it to this main connector down in the footwell area this will give you power for your lights also. If you simple just run the speakers to the stereo, you will need additional wires to run for the power of the lights etc.. I'd simply just make a harness or find one?
audiosystem.png

c323connectorpinout.png

My Progress Page

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.