How to remove CD player on WJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > How to remove CD player on WJ?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 10-10-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

How to remove CD player on WJ?

I just got a WJ and the radio works but it doesnt display anything....works fine it just doesnt light up. Is there any special way to take it out and inspect it?

stratons_yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

The bass and treb are the only lights that light up....two small yellow lights
Unread 10-10-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
Lemoncrevice
2000 WJ 

you check any fuses or solenoids? i recall having a problem with my backlight of my stock head unit but it was a simple fix. only if i remembered exactly what that was.
Lemoncrevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #4
stratons_yj
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemoncrevice View Post
you check any fuses or solenoids? i recall having a problem with my backlight of my stock head unit but it was a simple fix. only if i remembered exactly what that was.
I pulled it out and wiggled some wires only to find out the actual screen part of the cd player is cracked behind the main screen.

All of the other lights work now except for the actual screen part.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.