How do I take out my hardrive?? Help please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > How do I take out my hardrive?? Help please

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-08-2014, 03:13 PM   #1
cjonesy

How do I take out my hardrive?? Help please

So i have a 2008 grand jeep cherokee and recently got my 75k mile service. As soon as i got my car back the radio worked for about two minutes and then a message saying "Downloading music database" popped up. It alerted me to press ok and then told me that all music functions will be disabled during download. i pressed ok and it began to download on a screen i have never seen before and i have own 4 GJC's in the past 8 years. The loading stopped at 55% and never goes past that. Once it hits around half way the system shuts off and reboots but gives me the first message again, and again and again. My Jeep service told me it could be a hard drive issue as i do have about 8 songs on the hard drive. He told me though that unfortunately there is no replacement for the hard drive and that i would have to buy another radio, which is around 2k. I am not in the market to invest that amount of money right now and was wondering if anyone knew how i could take out the hard drive myself and try to wipe it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks so much.

-Christian

cjonesy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
electrical issue , jeep grand cherokee , navigation , radio , radio removal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.