How did you make YOUR cb safe? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > How did you make YOUR cb safe?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-11-2004, 05:37 PM   #1
Killer Angel

How did you make YOUR cb safe?

I hear about CB's getting stolen all the time. I was wonder how you guys made your CB safe inside your Jeep (other than the tuffy consoles / overhead boxes.)

Going to add:
3 1/2" Suspension Lift
1 or 2" Body Lift
Killer Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 06:14 AM   #2
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

First try to hide it, second give it some armor. I've seen a few pics of people here that use metal, sheet, diamond, whatever. It all really depends where you have it mounted. If you have it laying on your seat, good luck. If its in your dash, you can use the metal, cut a recatngler hole big enough for the cb, and than mount the metal to something in the dash. It's till easy to steal, but makes it much harder than most applications. If the perp really wants it, he'll get it.
So where do you have or plan to have your mounted.
Unread 02-12-2004, 06:19 PM   #3
Renegade_Rick

Simple put in one of thouse hidden Cb radios where you can mount the radio under the seat and control all the functions with the mic. Heck you could even hide it in your lockable glove box and simply drill a small hole for the mic cable. Of course you'd haft to run a small external speaker as well but it would be cheaper than a spendy tuffy.

1999, Sport, 4-door, 4L-I6, AW4 auto, np231, 8.25 rear, dana 30 h-p.

BFG T/A KO P235 tires, KC 130w slimline lights, skid-row t-case skid more to come!
Renegade_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2004, 08:30 PM   #4
Killer Angel

I actualy just know thought of an Idea for hiding it. Its not the safest, but you wouldent be able to tell where it was unless you already saw it.

Between the right of the stearing column and the left of the stereo, there is a good bit of room behind the dash. You could have the CB on a small track, or a little swing-out thing that would shove up underneath there. It would be invisible unless you already knew where it was or looked up underneath dash. It would also keep it out of the way. All you would have to do it swing it down when you need it, and swing it back up when you are using it.

Other than that I'm really not sure where to put it.

I'm sure the above idea wouldent be too hard, just someone would have to know how to make it which shouldent be terably hard.
Going to add:
3 1/2" Suspension Lift
1 or 2" Body Lift
Unread 02-13-2004, 03:27 PM   #5
Bucket110

killer...for your idea all you need is a drawer track and maybe some angle brackets....it could be done pretty easily i think.

[URL=http://community.webshots.com/user/2k2blktj]My Jeep[/URL]
Bucket110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2004, 05:15 PM   #6
Killer Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucket110
killer...for your idea all you need is a drawer track and maybe some angle brackets....it could be done pretty easily i think.
Yah, a few hinges and a bracket to connect it to the hinges is all you would need. Its actualy an awesome idea now that I think about it. Might have to try something out one I found a CB to buy (dont have 1 yet).
Going to add:
3 1/2" Suspension Lift
1 or 2" Body Lift
Unread 02-18-2004, 12:46 AM   #7
jamiejeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Torx bits

I am going to mount mine on a CB rack (www.cbrack.com) I am not sure about vandals damaging it but as for stealing it, I was going to try and find some of those anti-theft Torx screws.
RE 4.5 SF w/ 3.5 coils
33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrain on 15x8 American Racing Baja
jamiejeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.