How To Add A 3.5mm (Headphone Jack) Auxillary Audio Input to Your Stock Stereo - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > How To Add A 3.5mm (Headphone Jack) Auxillary Audio Input to Your Stock Stereo

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!

Unread 02-09-2014, 12:32 PM   #16
hokahay
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badonkadonkey View Post
Good question. The length depends on where you want to install the jack.

There is room to curl up ~1' length on top of the HVAC controls, more than that and you can probably fit the excess behind the glovebox if you have it follow the antenna cable.

The right way is to remove the front cover and measure how you are able to route your cable. Assume the blitzsafe only gives you ~5" total to alleviate any stress that could be placed on the cable connections to the blitzsafe box. I skipped this step (lazy) and had to curl and tape up the excess.

Thanks for the quick reply. I when to RS and bought what they had. Your plug position looks great. I have the stuff now. I just need to git-r-done now.

hokahay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 12:38 PM   #17
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokahay View Post

Thanks for the quick reply. I when to RS and bought what they had. Your plug position looks great. I have the stuff now. I just need to git-r-done now.
No problem, happy to help. Just measure twice cut once when it comes to drilling that cover.
Unread 02-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Got to work 15 mins early this morning so I decided to install this real quick. HA! (haven't drilled the hole yet, wire just comes out of the bottom of my dash) But it works great. I wound up getting one of these kits:

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS335-...headphone+jack

It has a mountable headphone jack input. I plan on drilling the hole in one of my extra toggle switch blanks-- next to my rear wiper switch. I'll move it later if I need to put a switch there.

I can't believe that I waited this long to do this mod. So tired of carrying CD's around... the 90's called and wants its media back.

Thanks again.

-BMC

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:37 PM   #19
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclark11 View Post
Got to work 15 mins early this morning so I decided to install this real quick. HA! (haven't drilled the hole yet, wire just comes out of the bottom of my dash) But it works great. I wound up getting one of these kits:

http://www.amazon.com/iSimple-IS335-...headphone+jack

It has a mountable headphone jack input. I plan on drilling the hole in one of my extra toggle switch blanks-- next to my rear wiper switch. I'll move it later if I need to put a switch there.

I can't believe that I waited this long to do this mod. So tired of carrying CD's around... the 90's called and wants its media back.

Thanks again.

-BMC
That it awesome. Glad it is working out. Post a pic when it is drilled so people can get an idea of feasible places for the jacks.

I am looking into running a bluetooth audio receiver off the stereo power and splitting it into the audio signal. I'd really like to see if a hands-free option is possible so when the top is down and the phone rings or the phone GPS barks directions, I can hear it.
Unread 02-10-2014, 07:57 PM   #20
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Deleted
Unread 02-10-2014, 09:56 PM   #21
bclark11

2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-1550276929.jpg

image-2671382792.jpg

image-3840006449.jpg

My TJ Build Thread...
bclark11 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2014, 06:17 AM   #22
Badonkadonkey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great! Very clean.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.