homemade overhead cb mount - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > homemade overhead cb mount

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-18-2009, 11:34 PM   #1
genisis88
1997 TJ Wrangler 

homemade overhead cb mount

didnt feel like spending 60 bucks for a mount so i made this for 10. i designed it after the arizona rocky road mount. its easily removed and not in the way at all. plus, i can run all my wires through it.

and yes...a few of the welds look like crap. i had to braze it since i dont have a welder but i promise that all the welds arent that crappy.

genisis88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
JeepinInFl
2000 WJ 

Looks good.
JeepinInFl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #3
rustywrangler
Got my eye on you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by genisis88 View Post
and yes...a few of the welds look like crap. i had to braze it since i dont have a welder but i promise that all the welds arent that crappy.
For brazing, those are fairly strong welds actually. They don't have to look good to function.

Congenital Heart Disease is a reality for me, BOTH of my children have it. Please read up and become aware for future generations

Lydia Ann-Acquired 08/05/05 Open Heart surgery 08/10/05
Jacob Patrick-Acquired 01/17/08 Open Heart surgery 02/15/08
rustywrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
CFD703SPC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool, You've just given me the mounting idea I was looking for.. You should market that one right away..
CFD703SPC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
Terrible2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

how much would it cost for you to make one for me?

Also what do you do for the security of your CB? Do you have something thatll make it less easier for thieves to unscrew the mounting bracket and take off with it?
Terrible2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-28-2014, 09:16 AM   #6
99dodge
2003 TJ Wrangler 

hate to bring up an old thread, but did this eventually sag over time?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.