Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

HELP!!! Wher to run amp wires from headunit

561 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  hat11 
#1 ·
Ok....so i got an amp, wiring kit and sub for Christmas....now I am trying to install it. Ive got the power wire run from the battery and through the fire wall...not too hard....now the hard part---HOW and WHERE do you run the RCA's and remote wire from the back of the head unit through the dash and down to the carpet??? I have been looking and trying to figure this out now for about an hour....Im lost and tired...Can anyone please help me find the way...Any specific directions on where to run these wires would help alot...Please anyone!!!

#4 ·
welp there we go..

sorry can't help much. i don't like to speak unless i know what i'm talking about....easy way to find a way is to take a flashlight when it's dusk (low light) take out your headunit and shine the light up underneath the dash front the driver or passenger toward the headunit opening......that should be a good start

~J

#5 ·
Yeah...Ive tried that whole flash light thing...I don't think i found any light but i will prolly try again...Anyone with an XJ out there help me??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.