Help!! Water in fuse box! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Help!! Water in fuse box!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 02-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #1
Icelantic
2006 KJ Liberty 

Help!! Water in fuse box!

I have an 06 liberty sport 3.7L V-6 manual

This morning I tried to start my jeep. It turned on for about 3 seconds and shut off. I pulled the keys and opened the hood couldn't find anything looking wrong. The horn the started going off non stop not like HORN-HORN-HORN like an alarm but like HHHHHOOOOOORRRRRRNNNNNN. So I disconnected the battery. I looked at the fuse panel and saw it was soaking wet. Not really sure yet where the water is getting in from. I connected the battery the horn started again but the jeep started up and I was able to move it to the garage. I turned it off and disconnected the battery. I pulled out all the fuses and used a heat gun to what I thought dry out the fuse panel. Most of the car isn't shorting out anymore and the horn seems to be ok but it started and stalled out in a couple seconds. Now it will only crank and not start so that is where I am at.

PLEASE HELP

Icelantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #2
Icelantic
2006 KJ Liberty 

Seems to be working fine after letting it sit in a warm garage. but still unsure of where water is geeting in has anyone had this problem?
Icelantic is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.