Help with Speaker Mounting - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Help with Speaker Mounting

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM   #16
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigertrack1600m View Post
Jay, were you able to diagnose your fitment issue?
I never had any issue. The Polk db521s dropped right in. The driver's side did seem like a tight fit, but no force was needed. At this point, I'm pretty sure that LouDog's problem is the oversized magnet on the Infinity.

If I get the chance, I'll pull the panel under the steering column and take some pics.

Jay

rubibluejay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #17
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I meant LouDog and saw your name on the last post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubibluejay View Post
I never had any issue. The Polk db521s dropped right in. The driver's side did seem like a tight fit, but no force was needed. At this point, I'm pretty sure that LouDog's problem is the oversized magnet on the Infinity.

If I get the chance, I'll pull the panel under the steering column and take some pics.

Jay

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
Facebook: NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #18
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I meant LouDog and saw your name on the last post
I kind of thought that when I read the post. Kind of like me not reading over the PM I sent you with the wrong date...

Jay
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:36 PM   #19
LouDog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys I'm SO SO SO SORRY for not replying. I know it's been forever and but I've been super busy with work and been out doing training stuff. So again, i apologize. Anyways, on top of being a busy bee I sent the infinitys back and had to wait for my refund. I also order some polk db521 and that took a bit to get here to. Anyways, I just got my polks in today and i'm gonna go try them out and see if we can remedy this fitment issue. Thanks so much to all you who posted and tried to help!
LouDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #20
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The Polk db521 coaxials will fit without issues.

Jay
Unread 09-26-2011, 07:46 PM   #21
LouDog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

OK...either I'm doing something wrong or the a/c tube is different in my jeep. I can't get the damn polks to fit either and it's on the driver side door. I'm mounting the plates to the back, moved the terminals away from the tube and still nothing. I'm sorry I haven't posted any pics, our camera broke. I'll try and borrow one from a friend or something tomorrow and see if I can get you guys a closer look. This is b/s. If anyone has any pics of their install (particularly on the driver side) could you send them my way? If i'm screwing up something simple i'm gonna be embarrassed as hell haha.
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Get a camera and take some pics. I'll take some pictures of mine tomorrow and post them up for you to look at.

Jay
Unread 09-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #23
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

In the meantime, I have a pic of my driver's side cavity as well as a couple of pics I got from a Google search.

Driver's side cavity.

Cut line and pic of install.

I'll try to get some pics of my Jeep with the knee panel removed so you can see what's going on inside.

Looking at the pics from Google, I do see that the vent tube appears to have a connection point, which my '04 doesn't have. I wonder if once you pull your knee panel (the one under the steering column), you will be able to see where the interference is?

Jay
Unread 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #24
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry for the delay.

For some strange reason, Photobucket is un-flipping the pictures below. I took the pictures with my Droid X, so the lens was upside down when I was taking them inside the knee panel. They're pretty much the same as the others, but I was trying to show the slight gap behind the magnet, which didn't work anyway.

Looking back, I probably should have unplugged the wires before I took the pictures...

Jay
Unread 09-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #25
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Is the magnet rubbing the tube? If it's just the terminals you could try rotating the speaker in the mount so that they are on the opposite side.

If that doesn't work, perhaps try adding a washer between the speaker and adapter.

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 10-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #26
LouDog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, so status update: I FINALLY GOT IT TO FIT!!! Haha so I guess I didn't realize how tight of a fit it would be. When I started drilling in the screws it started to bend the adapter a little but it worked. I guess I assumed it was supposed to slide right in. The magnet still touches the a/c duct but it should be fine. Don't know how any other adapters work but in my honest opinion I feel like there is some room for improvement. Not to knock Nalin Mfg. - just some constructive criticism. Anyways, I'm super new to this kind of stuff so thank ALL you guys so much for the help and patience! I can't say that enough. So all that's left to do is get my 6.5's in the roll bar and then amplify these bad boys! Anyone have a write up on fitting the 6.5's? It appears I'm gonna have to drill new holes. Thanks again!
Unread 10-01-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
LouDog
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got one more update for you guys today! I installed my 6.5's in the roll bar. I was super nervous doing it since I had to drill into the metal and I also cut some of the fabric away so it would have a nice clean look. But with some patience I got it all done no problems. I'm sorry I didn't do a write up. I really would have liked to but as I've stated before our camera broke and my camera phone sucks. But if anyone has any questions please let me know, I'd be happy to help out. As soon as I get my hands on a camera I'll post pics of the roll bar - it looks awesome! As for sound - it's not quite what I want yet but I'm not done yet either. I'm planning on adding an amp to the speakers: http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/produ...n_US&p_status= I'm thinking of stashing this tiny little guy in the glove box! I saw it in person and I was blown away at how little it was. Easy to hide which is great seeing as jeeps aren't exactly fort knox when it comes to security. I was thinking of even velcroing to the inside of the glove box incase I wanna pull it out for whatever reason. I'll keep you guys posted on what's new!

Last edited by LouDog; 10-01-2011 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: typo
Unread 10-03-2011, 04:35 PM   #28
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=LouDog;12254005]Ok, so status update: I FINALLY GOT IT TO FIT!!! Haha so I guess I didn't realize how tight of a fit it would be. When I started drilling in the screws it started to bend the adapter a little but it worked. I guess I assumed it was supposed to slide right in. The magnet still touches the a/c duct but it should be fine. Don't know how any other adapters work but in my honest opinion I feel like there is some room for improvement. Not to knock Nalin Mfg. - just some constructive criticism.QUOTE]

I'd be more than happy to give you a refund if you are not satisfied with them. My Polk's have almost a 1/2" of extra room though, so I'm not sure what's going on with the ac tube...I'm waiting on a reply on several 03-06 customers to see if they have and feedback regarding the tube placement. (just emailed 35 2003-2006 customers that have had them for 6+ months)

Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Unread 10-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #29
rubibluejay
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouDog View Post
Ok, so status update: I FINALLY GOT IT TO FIT!!! Haha so I guess I didn't realize how tight of a fit it would be. When I started drilling in the screws it started to bend the adapter a little but it worked. I guess I assumed it was supposed to slide right in. The magnet still touches the a/c duct but it should be fine. Don't know how any other adapters work but in my honest opinion I feel like there is some room for improvement. Not to knock Nalin Mfg. - just some constructive criticism.
Quote:
I'd be more than happy to give you a refund if you are not satisfied with them. My Polk's have almost a 1/2" of extra room though, so I'm not sure what's going on with the ac tube...I'm waiting on a reply on several 03-06 customers to see if they have and feedback regarding the tube placement. (just emailed 35 2003-2006 customers that have had them for 6+ months)
The pictures I posted are from my '04. The magnet is not touching the vent tube. I'd say there's about .25" gap.

Jay

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.