HELP! radio only works when i turn the dome over ride, and runing lights on! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > HELP! radio only works when i turn the dome over ride, and runing lights on!

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #1
Lee_dragon
1995 XJ Cherokee 

HELP! radio only works when i turn the dome over ride, and runing lights on!

what do i do? i got a 1995 jeep xj sport, and for some reason i got a radio and put it in, but its used, and older, but it is installed correctly, and it wont work unless i turn the light knob to dome over ride, it works on runing lights or head lights, could it be the head unit? or a wire in the dash board? PLZ HELP! most greatfull,

-Lee_dragon

Unread 07-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Sounds like you got the power hooked up to the "Illumination" wire for the stock radio.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical , radio

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.