Help me outfit my 05 LJ with stero & speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Help me outfit my 05 LJ with stero & speakers

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #1
Scram
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Help me outfit my 05 LJ with stero & speakers

Hey everyone...
I'm looking to upgrade my stock stereo and speakers.
Deck budget about $150 tops Speakers $100 tops for all 4.
Not looking to do a sub or anything like that.

Must haves for new deck:
Aux in front
USB
Pandora
Siri
Bluetooth Inc
CD
Fits....
Free installation kit (crutchfield would be nice)

Thanks for input.....

Scram is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #2
JohnH13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

For your deck I think this one would be a good choice for you, http://amzn.com/B00B7IR4XU, its $130. For installation you're going to need this, http://amzn.com/B0085W1P3G, $9, http://amzn.com/B0002BEQNE, $5. IF you want you can get a wiring harness too, these aren't mandatory though, most people get them to make the job look "neater" but in my opinion its all gonna look the same and nobodies gonna see it anyway so I've never used one. But heres a link for one if you decide to use one http://amzn.com/B0007KPRK6, $6.42. Im pretty sure that all these will fit your jeep but I'd double check to be sure amazon has a filter that will tell you if these will fit your vehicle. As for your speakers I'm not sure what sizes are in your wrangler, but unless your going to be amping them I don't think you'd be able to tell much of a difference between a set of kickers, infinities, alpines, ect. Id just stick with name brands, but almost anything is an upgrade from the stock speakers (at least thats how it was for me, I have alpines over head and infinities in the front).
JohnH13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2014, 07:32 PM   #3
JohnH13
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If*
JohnH13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
kingcat400
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sticking to 100 on the speakers is hard.

I would recommend nalin brackets $17
2 sets of Polk db521 $60 a pair.

I know it is a little more then you wanted to spend but is worth it in the end. Also spend a couple dollars and add poly fill to the sound bar and dash.

For a hu I would look at the Kenwood kdc-bt755hd
kingcat400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
NalinMFG
Vendor

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingcat400 View Post
Sticking to 100 on the speakers is hard.

I would recommend nalin brackets $17
2 sets of Polk db521 $60 a pair.

I know it is a little more then you wanted to spend but is worth it in the end. Also spend a couple dollars and add poly fill to the sound bar and dash.

For a hu I would look at the Kenwood kdc-bt755hd
I second this option.

5.25" TJ Speaker Adapters
------------------------------
Linkedin:
Andrew Nalin
Email: NalinMFG@gmail.com
www.NalinMFG.com
Facebook:
NalinMFG
NalinMFG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #6
bullrees
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I just got the KDC-BT555U and I am not impressed. I still have stock speakers so I'm sure that makes a difference but it sounds worse than stock at lower to mid volume. I have the stock 7 speaker system btw. I plan to get some after market speakers when it warms up some so I will reserve my final sound judgment until then.

The other thing I really don't like is the controls and menu set up. The buttons are small and hard to operate in a bumpy riding jeep. Even the radio station buttons take me a couple tries to hit the right one. The main menu is accessed by pushing in the volume knob and turning to scroll through lots of options then pushing in again to select that tree, twist to scroll, repeat, then hit a back button to go up the tree and repeat. The whole time you are hitting bumps and selecting the wrong thing.

If you are the kind of person that can set everything up while parked and not need to adjust it on the go then it may work for you. Maybe it's just me and I should have got something simple with less features but I really wanted Bluetooth audio to stream music wireless from my phone. The BT audio sounds terrible IMO for music. My galaxy S3 speaker sounds better.

Good luck to you.
bullrees is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.