Help with lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Help with lights

Black Friday- Cyber Monday Deals at jeepHutBlack Friday Deals !JcrOffroad Black Friday Sale!

Unread 03-26-2005, 09:02 AM   #1
Wild Buckin'

Help with lights

I'm almost done wiring my new fogs and the only other wire that i have is supposed to go to ACC ON. To bad i don't know what that is. Please tell me what it is and where to find it.

[B]Black Jeep Club member #96[/B]
Wild Buckin' is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #2
SirGCal

ACC is the vehicular term for accessory power or a wire that is 12V only when the key is turned on. You don't have to use this for the switch but it's nice. If you run it strait to the battery though, be sure to fuse it if it isn't already (3-5A fuse should be plenty). Your main power from the battery should also have a fuse also (probably 30A or so).

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:17 AM   #3
Wild Buckin'

so if i did want to use it, i would put it straight to the battery? If i didn't, than would it drain juice from thw battery?

Unread 03-26-2005, 09:21 AM   #4
SirGCal

You said your wiring lights right? The correct way to wire lights is like this:

You have a main power that goes from the battery to the lights using the relay to turn on and you have the ACC (or other 12V source) for the switch to control the relay. If the system is turned off, nothing will draw power from anything... If your wiring kit with your lights did not come with a relay, I would suggest you get one to fit this diagram. Any automotive store will usually have them for just a few $.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Unread 03-26-2005, 09:33 AM   #5
Wild Buckin'

this is all how i set it up except for in the picture it doesn't have anything hooked up to the yellow wire. That is my problem. Do you think i should hook it straight up to the battery or will it blow?

Unread 03-26-2005, 03:38 PM   #6
SirGCal

You can run it strait to the battery. Just add a 5A fuse to the end at the battery. Then your lights will work when ever you want. Or you an connect to a switch 12V in the cab. Either one. (some people connect it to the wire which turns 12V when the parking lights come on.)

Quote:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.