HELP led light bar wired to factory foglight harness comes on and goes back off - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > HELP led light bar wired to factory foglight harness comes on and goes back off

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-18-2014, 03:31 PM   #1
foxracing92

HELP led light bar wired to factory foglight harness comes on and goes back off

I installed a blue light 21.5 inch led bar on my jeep jk wired it to the factory fog light plug when I turn it on it comes on for a second then cuts back off stays off for about 3 seconds then does the same thing again how can I fix this

foxracing92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:36 PM   #2
Indy

Wire it direct to the battery and see if it still does it.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
foxracing92

I did that it it works fine it just does it through the fog light harness
Unread 01-18-2014, 11:37 PM   #4
Indy

Then its the circuit breaker tripping. The led should be drawing a lot less amps than factory fogs so either its bad or there is something screwy in the wiring. You could always wire fresh through a relay and use the factory wiring to switch the relay.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2014, 05:48 AM   #5
foxracing92

Ok I put a voltage meter on it with the light on it it's starts at 12 volts then when the light cuts off the voltage goes down to3 volts then after a couple seconds the volts go back up to 12 volts the light comes on then goes back off and back to 3 volts and keeps repeating
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:14 AM   #6
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

As suggested, use the stock factory wiring to operate a relay and wiring that you install for LED light.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problems; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.