Help. Battery/Alternator problem. ! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Help. Battery/Alternator problem. !

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-08-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
Thegreatchief

Help. Battery/Alternator problem. !

Hey guys, I have a problem with my Wrangler Sahara 2007. Maybe you know what's going on.

A few weeks back, the parking break light started to go on randomly. Every few days, the radio would turn off for 1-2 seconds, than going on again. At the same moment, 7-8 lights turn on than go off, but the battery light stays on.

One day, all the lights opened and stayed like that, and the car stopped while working. I thought it was an alternator problem, so I changed it. The parking brake light continued to flash randomly. We saw that the brake oil level was low, adding some solved this problem. Everything was ok for the next week.

The radio thing started doing the same thing, with all the lights open and then close, but the battery light remaining on.

Last sunday, after the superbowl, I started the car, drove it 30 minutes to go to a bar. The bar was closing, so I went back to the Jeep 3 minutes later and it wouldn't start. I boosted it, then changed the battery.

I changed it today, and had the same radio/lights problem. When that happen, my wipers seems to go slower, the fog lights won't turn on as if there was not enough power.

Last thing, my horn started to go on his own, while the car is stopped. I solved this by unplugging the battery.

So, what the **** is going on ?

As you noticed, I'm not much of a car guy, and I'm a french canadian, so I hope everything is clear.

Thegreatchief is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.