HELP! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > HELP!

RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 10-18-2001, 03:33 PM   #1
TJSahara

HELP!

I just tried installing a Sony CDX-M600 in my 2001 Sahara. It went ****ty. Everytime I truned it on, it was at full blast. Then the seek didn't work and only two radio stations wiould play. I took this radio out of my 87 YJ and it worked great in it. I think the factory sub has something to with it, but now my radio is broke. The face is stuck half way closed. What a day it has been

Unread 10-18-2001, 05:56 PM   #2
mytjnamedrex

did u use the same wiring harness and did you connect everything correctly?
Unread 10-18-2001, 07:01 PM   #3
TJSahara

I used a scosche wiring harness. It goes from the factory to the sony. In my 87 I did all the wiring and it worked fine. I think it is the factory sub which isn't worth a sh** to begin with. I have no idea what happened and now i have to send out my radio to get fixed$$$.
Unread 10-19-2001, 12:45 PM   #4
OhYeah

Not sure about the volume but did you make sure you plugged your antenna wire back in when you put it back in the dash? I know it is short on a TJ and easily forgettable. That would make the seek just keep trying to find a station.

Peace,

O_O_O_O
o-I_ ___ _ I-o
(O IIIII O)
[_ O__O _ ]
{{}}}--o-{{{}}
{{}}} {{{}}
OoOoOoooOOOoOOO
(oO0O(oOo)0o0O0o()o
OhYeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2001, 01:44 PM   #5
mytjnamedrex

i already posted this on another topic but i messed it up so here i go again..... does ur jeep have volume controls on the steering wheel? if so your prob could be that the wires are crossed or just set up wrong. Its worth a look.
Unread 10-19-2001, 03:33 PM   #6
TJSahara

I did plug in antenna. No volume controls on wheel. I didn't know a Wrangler could come with volume controls on the steering wheel. Do you guys know a place on the web were I can get a good deal on a radio. Doesn't have to be sony.
Unread 10-20-2001, 10:52 AM   #7
mytjnamedrex

sorry a girl at my school has em on her 2001 but i think she got them installed custom. Its the only 2001 aftermarket stereo ive seen so i dont know what they have stock from anything above 99's.
Unread 10-30-2001, 02:06 PM   #8
jeepzj81

Crutchfield is the cheapest and eazyest that i have found - customer service is good too - i had a prob with my first radio and they shipped me a new one as soon as i called them
jeepzj81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2001, 01:23 AM   #9
eltj

Try hitting the reset button on the radio. If that doesnt work toss it. It happens and its common when you swap them. Look into Clarion, Pioneer, or Panasonic they are the most reliable best sounding radios on the market.
eltj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.