hello all, driving light and fog light help needed. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > hello all, driving light and fog light help needed.

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 06-02-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
beaumk37

hello all, driving light and fog light help needed.

hi,
this is my first post..
first, i am not a jeep owner... was almost to but went to honda cr-v...

second, no im not intend to do off roads with cr-v so this question is for legal street only.

anyways, i have 2012 CR-V LX, which has no fog light and horrible stock headlight. if it rains at night, you cant see a thing.... im serious i've been avoiding drving at rainy nights but recently it's raining here in dallas like crazy.
so i have to do something about it.

was thinking to get different light bulbs such as osram silverstar.
but then i heard it does worse in rain due to color temperature?
so my only option is to add extra lights, i found place to make holes to hold lights in front bumper.. (you can see the picture i attached.)

i went to autozone near me and found few Pliot brand for under $50,
but then i thought why not get a more reliable ones like piaa. (lifetime warrnty)

so found 510 and 520.
size wise i want 510 but price wise i think i have to get 520.
i dont know why 520 is cheaper.
but now there's driving light, fog light, and ATP.

what would be my best choice among them?
would 520 smr fit for my purpose?
thank you

used-2012-honda-cr-v-lx-8671-10284340-2-640.jpg  
beaumk37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #2
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I put silver stars in our CRV nd they do well but only have about a rear of life. Swapped with the gold tipped and seem to be doing fine.
Where you place then fog lights will depend on what is there to mount to and how they mount. You want a solid mount so they could be aimed properly.
What ever you buy use a relay to power the lights.
Couldn't comment on any other than KC. But you might look at LED lights. There are many options.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.