Hella 500 Stone Shield - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Hella 500 Stone Shield

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 07-10-2004, 07:49 AM   #1
rubberduck

Hella 500 Stone Shield

I don’t like the stone guards that are provided with the Hella 500 fog lights.

Anybody know if another brand/type will fit? I’m looking for the “mesh” or “grill” type.

rubberduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 01:57 AM   #2
megalex
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'd like to know the answer to this too!
megalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 06:04 AM   #3
bockwho

Yes Hella I know of 3 types (with out looking at the catlog its on my tool box at work) .. for the ralley 500 light

black grill style ... that will not keep rocks out unless the rock is over a inch. Lame guards if you ask me.

white ones ... that you cant see thur but protect really well

clear ones ... protect you from rocks and you can see thru them somthing like 6 or 7 dollars a set and will save your lens if you catch a rock.

if you can't find them PM me and I will give you my distributer #..

Hella's North American distrubting / assembley is right here in Georgia, Peachtree City bout 10 miles from the house to be exact. I was buying the deulux kit with all the wires relay and switch for 45.00 to 55.00

replacement lens for the MJ non DOT were 25.00. MY TJ already had replacement lens

here is a link to my jeep that is already sold you cant really tell but I have the clear ones on the truck.

http://home.alltel.net/ewest/kbock.htm

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 03:04 PM   #4
GzrGlide
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Can the clear ones be left on if the lights are on?????

My brother in law accidentally turned onthe Hella 500 driving lights we have and melted the covers. That's why I'm asking about the clear lenses.
RE 4.5SF with 3.5 springs & Tera QDFTs
Super 35 & Detroit in back w/4.88s
33x10.5 BFG KM2's
Cobra 75WXST w/4' Wilson Antenna
Warn M8000
(1) Rubber Ducky
GzrGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 04:27 PM   #5
KUK9
2000 TJ Wrangler 

What is the light output on those 500's? I actually just bought a set this weekend to mount on the windshield brackets. I noticed they were only 55 watt, but I know Hella's are bright anyway. Just curious...they must be pretty hot though- even the guy at 4 Wheel Parts said make sure to take them off because he melted his. I have seen the mesh styles though- Hella offers some, like bockwho stated. You may want to check to see if some other styles will match up though.
REDLYNER Racing #4550

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/adapt-die-kuk9s-stretch-tj-build-1160620
KUK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 07:31 PM   #6
GzrGlide
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9
What is the light output on those 500's?
They work great for us. When we go to the cottage we have about 60 miles of twisty, gravel road with bush right on the edge of the road to go down, and the amount of wildlife that seems willing to commit suicide on that raod is scary. I typically have them pointed towards the sides of the road to help us spot the crazed critters before we get too close.

I've also used them to supplement our high beams and they work great. The trick is that they need to be properly adjusted.
RE 4.5SF with 3.5 springs & Tera QDFTs
Super 35 & Detroit in back w/4.88s
33x10.5 BFG KM2's
Cobra 75WXST w/4' Wilson Antenna
Warn M8000
(1) Rubber Ducky
GzrGlide is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #7
red99tj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUK9
What is the light output on those 500's? I actually just bought a set this weekend to mount on the windshield brackets. I noticed they were only 55 watt, but I know Hella's are bright anyway. Just curious...they must be pretty hot though- even the guy at 4 Wheel Parts said make sure to take them off because he melted his. I have seen the mesh styles though- Hella offers some, like bockwho stated. You may want to check to see if some other styles will match up though.

you can buy 100 watt bulbs for them at Salvos if theyre not bright enough for you, ive got the 500's but still have the 55w bulb bc i got some Kc's on my windsheild so ive got plenty o light...
Unread 09-20-2004, 07:22 AM   #8
bockwho

yes you can leave the clear ones on I do as long as you are moving .. I would not sit with them on. running quickly down a dirt road yep leave them on .. crawling on rocks at night .. i would take them off. just to be safe .. I want to say they were about 7 to 14 bucks a set. not really a big deal if ya melt them. you can find the ralley 500's with the wires and switch as cheap as 55 a set ... 4 wd parts place by me wanted 80 a set for them.

kb

[COLOR=darkslategray][FONT=book antiqua]My Life is Hard[/FONT] [/COLOR]
bockwho is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.