Headlight Issues... PLEASE HELP - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Headlight Issues... PLEASE HELP

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-20-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
bearzah

Headlight Issues... PLEASE HELP

Hey guyz.. new to forum but though you may be able to help.

I have a 1993 Cherokee and my headlights are acting funny.

They will NOT turn on when running (running and dash lights are fine). Although i can still flash brights.

If key off with light switch on than no headlights. If i flash my brights than headlights start to work fine and stay on. But, as soon as i turn the ignition key on they go off leaving just the running lights on. Weird huh?

NOTE: i also have a Auto Page remote start installed (been in for about 2 years with no issues). If my headlights are on than I start with remote start the headlights TURN OFF. Soooo.. that kinda rules out the ignition switch as it's not physically moved.

The first time I noticed this I was able to get headlights on by switching headlight switch off and on a few times... no luck now. I'm leaning towards switch failure or just needs to be torn out and cleaned up.

Any suggestions?? my head hurts

Last edited by bearzah; 12-20-2011 at 01:26 PM..
bearzah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2011, 03:50 PM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Head light switch failure is not uncommon. Inspect the headlight plugs, wires, and relays for damage or corrosion. Inspect the steering column wire harness for signs of short circuits.

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 09:09 AM   #3
bearzah

yup.. swapped out switch and all fixed... thanks guyz
$18.88 at Napa
bearzah is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.