Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

H4 Headlights

864 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom95YJ 
#1 ·
I just ordered a H4 Headlight Conversion for my TJ and I'm wondering if anyone has any pictures compairing them to the OEM lights at night any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
If you've already ordered it, why does it matter to see a comparison? You'll see it as soon as you put them in. Honestly though, I never saw that much difference accept the H4's seem to shine people comming at you worse cause they don't have the upper cutoff like the standard lights. But they are replacable without changing the whole housing which is nice...

#3 ·
Which type of H4 conversion did you get? There are two types, one has "DOT" markings and one has "E" which stands for "E-code". The E-code lights are usually considered better due to the sharp light cutoff and better low-beam light.

Stock Jeeps come with sealed beam halogen lighting from the factory. Problem is, the US lighting regulation MVSS-108 is real outdated, written for the older tunsten sealed beam lights, while every other country in the world recognizes the superiority of the "E-code" replaceable-bulb design.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.