Grand Cherokee air/heat won't turn off. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Grand Cherokee air/heat won't turn off.

Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #1
Tayjust07

Grand Cherokee air/heat won't turn off.

I have a 2007 jeep grand cherokee Laredo, and it doesn't matter if you have it set to heat air or anywhere inbetween when you turn the fan knob off on the far left the force goes down but after a while you will notice it's still on. (It doesn't just come back on I just noticed it when my hand/feet where getting really cold.) Has anyone else had this happen, and tryed to fix it? Or any ideas on what could be causing it? Thanks for any feedback!

Tayjust07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #2
Tayjust07

Anyone else have this happen? Or is it normal and I just didn't notice it before? Could it be that for whatever reason the truck is going to "vent" and is just letting thru as I drive?
Tayjust07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
kkotvas26
2007 WK 

Same problem with 2007 JGC

I also have a '07 grand cherokee with the same issue. I didn't notice the problem until I went on a long trip through the mountains during the winter. I was constantly turning the heat on and off and would notice that it never fully turned off. It can get really uncomfortable in the cabin. The whole thing drives me crazy some days. I've only had this truck since October 2013. Anyone else with this problem know how to fix it?
kkotvas26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #4
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Ok dumb question but my dad has an 04 Grand and maybe they changed it since then but....Left is fan control, Center is temp and the Right is what vents it comes out of AND the master off switch when fully counter clockwise.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2014, 11:12 AM   #5
kkotvas26
2007 WK 

2007 has the same basic set up. It wouldn't be so much of a problem if the actual vents would close fully even if the air was still coming in the vents could stop them if they were made like wrangler jk vents or 2011+ JGC vents.
kkotvas26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.