GC ZJ 98 Stereo problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > GC ZJ 98 Stereo problem

1984-2001 Jeep Cherokee Front Upper & Lower Control ArSwag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-06-2013, 05:56 PM   #1
richybeattie
1998 ZJ 

GC ZJ 98 Stereo problem

Newbie here. Need some advice from the forum.

Grand Cherokee ZJ 1998 4.0 limited with stock radio and infinity gold amp and speakers. The head unit turns on and I can hear a signal to all of the speakers, but it's distant and seems unamplified. I bought a reconditioned infinity amp and it's made no difference.
Before I go buying a replacement head unit (I want to stay totally stock), I wondered if anyone had any idea what the cause is? I've practically no electrical knowledge, so be gentle!
Rich

richybeattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
4x4fun
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I would check the speaker wiring and make sure they are not wired back words
4x4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #3
MattZJ98
1998 ZJ 

Have a problem a lot like yours where sometimes all the power comes through the amp and you can really Jam to the nice speakers....... lol but that's 10% of the time when they all actually function so im always turning the nob UP UP UP! 98 ZJ limited
MattZJ98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.