Fuse Block Empty spaces - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Fuse Block Empty spaces

Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep FendeAll Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!

Unread 05-08-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
pachary
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Fuse Block Empty spaces

OK,

I've got an 05 unlimited. There are a few empty spaces in the fuse block. If I use these circuits for accessories instead of tapping other wires, will I find wires on the back side of the fuse block or what?

I am assuming that these spots will be "live" (switched or constant). I can't believe that differently optioned jeeps would have different fuse blocks.

So, what's back there? Unused wires or places to plug in terminal connectors?

Thanks
Paul

2005 TJ Unlimited/I6-M6/Rubi 4:1 Tcase/4.5RESF/1.25JKS BL-1BMML/37"SSRs/WarnM8000/Besttop TireCarrier/Waggy D44/ FR-RR DetroitD44/Cobra Remote CB/custom F&R Bumpers/JeeperMan Skids/York OBA/Rokmen TummyTuck/TNT 3" Fenders and Rear Corners/AA SYE- Carolina Drivelines CV Shaft
pachary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
kencaz

It's unlikely they would put wiring in the empty slots of the fuse panel. If you do see empty slots with spade connectors already there, you could easily test for voltage. Even if you have a source voltage, switched or un-switched, you'll have to install the fuse and run the load side wiring behind the fuse block.

Remember, too, that the fuse block has a maximum amperage as well and tapping off that for to many accessories could blow a main fuse for the block.

Good Luck

KC

"I say we dust-off and nuke the site from orbit... It's the only way to be sure!"
kencaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:41 PM   #3
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

you'd probably be better off getting a sPOD and wiring up a fresh box

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #4
pachary
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I was figuring I could use it this for stuff like:

Winch Relay activation, OBA clutch operation, CB, and garage door opening power supply.

These don't take much amperage at all and I know at least one of those slots is for rear defrost. That is a 30 Amp or so circuit that would easily handle all of these at once. But I would like to use a couple of the slots for this project.

Thanks
Paul

2005 TJ Unlimited/I6-M6/Rubi 4:1 Tcase/4.5RESF/1.25JKS BL-1BMML/37"SSRs/WarnM8000/Besttop TireCarrier/Waggy D44/ FR-RR DetroitD44/Cobra Remote CB/custom F&R Bumpers/JeeperMan Skids/York OBA/Rokmen TummyTuck/TNT 3" Fenders and Rear Corners/AA SYE- Carolina Drivelines CV Shaft
pachary is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 08:44 AM   #5
mylt1

hit up your local boating supply store and get an aux fuse panel. much easier and faster.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-09-2008, 12:30 PM   #6
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by pachary View Post
I was figuring I could use it this for stuff like:

Winch Relay activation, OBA clutch operation, CB, and garage door opening power supply.

These don't take much amperage at all and I know at least one of those slots is for rear defrost. That is a 30 Amp or so circuit that would easily handle all of these at once. But I would like to use a couple of the slots for this project.

Thanks
Paul
You would definitely not want to use it for a CB even if it was a safe load. Simply due to the noise. CBs I always run directly to the battery for both power and ground (one of the few devices I also run the ground). Proper fuse on the power obviously.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #7
Richd1963

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylt1 View Post
hit up your local boating supply store and get an aux fuse panel. much easier and faster.
Hey, I just bought one on ebay for 19.99 + 5.00 shipping and the price is good compared to full retail.

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/merchant...rmrsZ1QQ_fromZ

I am sure they won't last at this price! Good luck!
Richard
Richd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2009, 04:22 PM   #8
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm searching for the same info. I don't need a whole new panel just to run a clean circuit for my XM radio. The factory fuse panel on my '04 Rubicon has hot side connectors (unused circuits) in the fuse panel. But there is no connector on the load side of the panel; just a vacant spot. I need to know exactly what type of connector Jeep is using. Looks like a Pico 1598D or a Pico 5806 GM Pak Con connector.

http://store.qualitydist.net/pipate.html

My local NAPA failed me on this one. I may just mail order and pay the shipping.

Last edited by DanZ51; 06-20-2009 at 04:57 PM..
DanZ51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.