front speaker brackets - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > front speaker brackets

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-29-2002, 07:15 AM   #1
razor

front speaker brackets

Has anyone bought those brackets for the front speakers that allows you to use 51/4" speakers instead of plate speakers?

Were you satisfied with the brackets?

Do you think the 51/4" speakers sound alot better than the plate speakers in this location?

Can you tell me where you purchased it from?

Thanks for the help

razor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2002, 11:10 AM   #2
OverTheHandlebars

http://www.offroadtoystore.com

i haven't bought them yet...from what i've seen the dash moulding will block a section of the speaker...they've got to sound better than the 4x6's though
[url=http://mrpistol.tripod.com/id2.html]here[/url]
OverTheHandlebars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2002, 03:47 PM   #3
KnightFire
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have them and they ROCK! I also purchased the 5 1/4" Infinity Speaks from www.offroadtoystore.com

My system absolutely puts out SERIOUS sound

I put another set of the Infinity 5 1/4" speaks in my sound bar...added a RF 6" powered sub in my add-a-trunk and put in a nice Pioneer deck. I put in poly fill in all speaker locations to get a better direction of the sound waves...no more bouncing around in the empty plastic spaces...

Good Luck!

KnightFire
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Titanium Metallic 4.7L 4x4
KnightFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2002, 03:58 PM   #4
ldogg

Quote:
Originally posted by KnightFire
I have them and they ROCK! I also purchased the 5 1/4" Infinity Speaks from www.offroadtoystore.com

My system absolutely puts out SERIOUS sound

I put another set of the Infinity 5 1/4" speaks in my sound bar...added a RF 6" powered sub in my add-a-trunk and put in a nice Pioneer deck. I put in poly fill in all speaker locations to get a better direction of the sound waves...no more bouncing around in the empty plastic spaces...

Good Luck!

KnightFire
hey... do you have any pics of how you mounted the sub?? I didn't see any on your website...

what do you do for security on your head unit?? do you just detach the face and lock it up all the time or take it with you or just leave it on?
ldogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-29-2002, 05:02 PM   #5
KnightFire
2002 TJ Wrangler 

OK, check my site again...I didn't want to post these photos because I'm not done "prettying up" the wiring (need to put some loom in) or the cardboard tube (gonna paint it black). I used dynomat in the add-a-trunk because it was vibrating BADLY...then I used the card board tube to help in keeping the lid in a firm position. That lil 6" sub REALLY puts out a ton of bass...

I usually leave the deck in the Jeep...I have a custom alarm that works VERY well. If I am gonna leave my Jeep in a "questionable" area for any lenght of time, I just take the face plate off and put it in my pocket.

Hope this helps!

KnightFire
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport Titanium Metallic 4.7L 4x4
KnightFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2002, 09:09 AM   #6
ldogg

ahhh haaa.. so you used a bass tube.. I used to have one of those with an 8" Kicker.. not a bad sound... not great either..

I'm fearing that since there's so little space in a Jeep that unless I raise the back seat up to fit a sub under there that I won't be able to get one in... might just have to stick with some high quality 5 1/4s and 6 1/2s....
ldogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.