Frankenjeep: Multiple issues - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Frankenjeep: Multiple issues

Labor day sale @ rockridge 4wd! 8/29-9/1 site wide..promo Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comShocktober is here! Get new shocks for your Jeep!!!!

Unread 09-27-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
Eddie13f
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Frankenjeep: Multiple issues

Hello all,

Here is the story: I have 2 '98 TJ Wranglers, a 4 cyl manual and a 6 cyl auto. I also have a 97 TJ 4cyl frame which I have been prepping for a frame swap. Here is the plan:

1) Take the 97 frame and apply POR 15 and Eastwood interior frame coating

2) Place the engine, tranny and axles from the 4cyl manual on it to get a rolling chassis.

3) Gut the 6cyl auto tub and place the 4cyl manual dash and interior in it

4) Add Metalcloak fenders and hit the trail

Basically, I'm in the middle of a frame swap, tub swap, engine swap and tranny swap.

My first questions and issue is the wiring in the dash, I am gutting the 6cyl auto tub and I am curious as to what I can keep in the tub. The 6cyl has a AC and I do not want it, so must I replace the entire dash? I already am aware that I have to change all the wiring, but can I keep the core in?

Secondly, has anyone ever added a clutch to a tub without one? I don't know if it is a viable option.

Thanks for the assistance!

Eddie13f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
Bmel17
2006 TJ Wrangler 

post this is the TJ tech forum, you'll get better responses and much quicker
Bmel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2013, 04:26 PM   #3
Eddie13f
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the tip!
Eddie13f is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.