Fog Lights? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Fog Lights?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 09-25-2004, 11:22 PM   #1
rockon1202

Fog Lights?

I want to get a set of bumper-mounted fog lights for my SE but don't know what to look for or what to get. Should I go with the OEM lights or is there something by Hella, KC, etc that you all recommend? Thanks!!

rockon1202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
JeepKidd

Sorry for cutting in, but if I can add on to that question....
Will the switches fit in the precut holes? Some switches look alot bigger then what is already there.
98 Green TJ
RE BB
Rubicon Springs
31X10.5 BFG A/Ts
15x8 AR-767
AtoZ Rocksliders
2 Hella 500 Driving Lighs
2 Delta Fog Lights
JeepKidd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 11:08 AM   #3
SirGCal

It all depends on what you want. If you want off-road only lighting, then you can get anything on the market and good aftermarket lights will easily put factory fogs to shame. However, if you want to drive with them on the street, you have to check your local regulations for what you can and can't do. Every area is different. Here, I can run aftermarket lights up to a certain power, other places you might not even be able to run factory fogs unless it's foggy. You just have to check.

As for the light switch, you can buy factory switches but they are expensive. To put aftermarket switches where the factory one's go might require careful switch selection as I'm sure not all switches are going to fit.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 06:15 PM   #4
rockon1202

I'd probably just buy a factory switch off eBay cheap. As far as lights, I wouldn't want something that would light up the entire forest, but something that would still provide good illumination. I'm not going to bother worrying about local regs, I'm in the army and will be moving every few years and won't know the regs for where I'll be living next. I'll probably go with something for just off road, but like I said, it doesn't need to light up the night. Any recommendations?
rockon1202 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-26-2004, 08:16 PM   #5
SirGCal

In that case, just get what ever lights you prefer. All brands have good and bad points. (In General) KC's and some Hellas are a little cheaper while providing good light. PIAAs are usually more expensive and some people will argue their quality over others. HID's are the best but also cost a small fortune. (KC and Lightforce have some nice HID options though if you can afford it...)

If you just want good, effective lighting when you need it, I would probably just pick up some good ProComp lights in the size and power you want and wire them up yourself. They have great entry-level lights for a great price and some higher-end models as well.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.