Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Factory Subwoofer- need some help

3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Xtreme04 
#1 ·
Hey, I have a few questions...maybe someone can help me out...I was wondering if anyone new what size subwoofer comes in the 04's with the 7 speaker system? Also does the 7 speaker system come with a factory amp and where is it loctaed? My last question is how do you get to the factory sub to remove it? Thanks

#2 ·
where is it?

The speaker is in the center console under the compartment. I don't know about the amp, if there is one or not.

#3 ·
The amp is built into the sub.

#4 ·
There is an amp next to the sub in the center console. If is a low wattage amp that drives the sub at 1 ohm (if I remember correctly).

#5 ·
in my 04 unlimited, the factory sub is in a huge module that fits into the center console. On the other side of the sub there is a pretty massive heatsink so i would assume thats where the amp is at.

Does anyone know if the center console insert (The part that you can get to by opening the top of the center console, with all the slots for cds and whanot) is sepearte from the sub module or is it all one unit? im going to need to modify mine to run an ipod cable to center console, and i couldnet figure it out by just looking at it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.