Factory Subwoofer- need some help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Factory Subwoofer- need some help

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 12-27-2004, 09:44 PM   #1
Xtreme04

Factory Subwoofer- need some help

Hey, I have a few questions...maybe someone can help me out...I was wondering if anyone new what size subwoofer comes in the 04's with the 7 speaker system? Also does the 7 speaker system come with a factory amp and where is it loctaed? My last question is how do you get to the factory sub to remove it? Thanks

Xtreme04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-27-2004, 10:45 PM   #2
OGB
2011 WK 

where is it?

The speaker is in the center console under the compartment. I don't know about the amp, if there is one or not.
2005 JEEP RUBICON.CUSTOM SS CAT-BACK WITH DUAL OUTLETS TO THE REAR.BULLET SS MUFFLER.CLEAR FRONT DIRECTIONAL AND MARKER LIGHTS.KEYLESS ENTRY,ALARM SYSTEM,POWER WINDOWS,AIRAID COLD AIR INDUCTION,AMERICAN RACING OUTLAW II WHEELS W/31/10.5/15 YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER TIRES.

1997 GMC K2500 PICKUP W/454,GRANATELLIE MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR,FLOWMASTERS,AIRAID COLD AIR,AMERICAN RACING WHEELS,B&M ELECTRIC SHIFT CONTROL.
OGB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2004, 02:36 AM   #3
Hanzo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The amp is built into the sub.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2004, 07:51 AM   #4
RockRunner85
2004 TJ Wrangler 

There is an amp next to the sub in the center console. If is a low wattage amp that drives the sub at 1 ohm (if I remember correctly).

RE 3.5 SuperFlex & Front Trackbar / JKS 1.25" BL & MML / 35x12.5 MTRs on 15x8 AR-23s / Currie Anti-Rock / Jeeperman Bumpers / Rokmen Sliders / York OBA / Harbor Freight 8k Winch
RockRunner85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
Rombus

in my 04 unlimited, the factory sub is in a huge module that fits into the center console. On the other side of the sub there is a pretty massive heatsink so i would assume thats where the amp is at.

Does anyone know if the center console insert (The part that you can get to by opening the top of the center console, with all the slots for cds and whanot) is sepearte from the sub module or is it all one unit? im going to need to modify mine to run an ipod cable to center console, and i couldnet figure it out by just looking at it.

[COLOR=Navy][B]Blue Jeep Club Member # 103[/B][/COLOR]
Rombus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #6
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

you might find some helpful info/pics here:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/upgraded-factory-system-pics-88858/

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2004, 10:42 AM   #7
BigWaylon
tubework is cool...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanzo
The amp is built into the sub.
not unless they changed it from the 7-speaker setup in the '01...

it's a separate amp mounted in the sub enclosure...a small triangle-shaped piece of junk...

Greg
BigWaylon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
Xtreme04

Thanks for the info guys, I am planning on replacing the sub and maybe throwing in a new amp.
Xtreme04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.