Factory Sub - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 08-12-2001, 03:41 AM Thread Starter
mybluejeep

Question Factory Sub

I have a 2001 TJ with the factory sub. I want to install a new CD receiver. I have not opened up the dash yet to look at the wiring. How is the sub wired to the receiver? Do I have to find a specific type of output on the receiver, or will most suffice?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-28-2001, 08:41 AM
bcompton

I have the same setup. I haven't opened it up, but if you will notice, the sub is only active when you are faded to the rear speakers. My guess is that the sub has a crossover in it because of the above and because the sub is an option, but the receiver is the same with our without it.
So, I would bet that the receiver is a pretty basic 4-speaker output.

Let me know if you can confirm or refute this...

01 Sport, front drum brake & birfield joint conversion, custom '4 Wheel Drive' stickers, neon washer nozzles, chrome type 'r' oil pan bolts, wooden bead seat pads, racing exhaust tip, offroad license plate frame,
lots of misc. stuff (2.5" Skyjacker springs, 1" BL, 1"MML, Custom flat tcase & engine skid, RE arms, Skyjacker shocks, JKS Discos, Superlift Trac bars, Garvin bumpers, Warn 9.5ti, Lockright & trac-lock, 32" BFG KM's, Kilby & warn skids, EOR rocker bars, cowl snorkel)
post #3 of 5 Old 10-20-2001, 01:53 PM
TJSahara

Did you ever get a new head unit installed. I am having trouble with mine. I could use your help mybluejeep.

01 XJ Sport - 3" OME, trXus MT
post #4 of 5 Old 10-20-2001, 02:58 PM
mytjnamedrex

get the kit from crutchfield. I installed a pioneer on a friends jeep and he hasd the sub. I simply spliced into the factory wiring as it says in the instructions and it worked fine. The only thing is that you need to set up everything when you get the new HU in (treble/bass/fade). good luck

97 TJ w/ Hardtop/AC/5-speed/I-6/ aftermarket stereo/ 2" spacer/1"BL/ 32x11.50 BFG AT's.
....that sounds expensive..
post #5 of 5 Old 10-21-2001, 01:38 PM
TJSahara

He has the 2001 center counsle factory sub? I have been looking at the pioneer 4300. What did he go with? Was the volume loud when you turn the key? Thanks for the help. What kit from crutchfield? the wiring harness

01 XJ Sport - 3" OME, trXus MT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.