Factory Sub - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Factory Sub

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-12-2001, 03:41 AM   #1
mybluejeep

Factory Sub

I have a 2001 TJ with the factory sub. I want to install a new CD receiver. I have not opened up the dash yet to look at the wiring. How is the sub wired to the receiver? Do I have to find a specific type of output on the receiver, or will most suffice?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

mybluejeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2001, 08:41 AM   #2
bcompton

I have the same setup. I haven't opened it up, but if you will notice, the sub is only active when you are faded to the rear speakers. My guess is that the sub has a crossover in it because of the above and because the sub is an option, but the receiver is the same with our without it.
So, I would bet that the receiver is a pretty basic 4-speaker output.

Let me know if you can confirm or refute this...
01 Sport, front drum brake & birfield joint conversion, custom '4 Wheel Drive' stickers, neon washer nozzles, chrome type 'r' oil pan bolts, wooden bead seat pads, racing exhaust tip, offroad license plate frame,
lots of misc. stuff (2.5" Skyjacker springs, 1" BL, 1"MML, Custom flat tcase & engine skid, RE arms, Skyjacker shocks, JKS Discos, Superlift Trac bars, Garvin bumpers, Warn 9.5ti, Lockright & trac-lock, 32" BFG KM's, Kilby & warn skids, EOR rocker bars, cowl snorkel)
bcompton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2001, 01:53 PM   #3
TJSahara

Did you ever get a new head unit installed. I am having trouble with mine. I could use your help mybluejeep.
Unread 10-20-2001, 02:58 PM   #4
mytjnamedrex

get the kit from crutchfield. I installed a pioneer on a friends jeep and he hasd the sub. I simply spliced into the factory wiring as it says in the instructions and it worked fine. The only thing is that you need to set up everything when you get the new HU in (treble/bass/fade). good luck
Unread 10-21-2001, 01:38 PM   #5
TJSahara

He has the 2001 center counsle factory sub? I have been looking at the pioneer 4300. What did he go with? Was the volume loud when you turn the key? Thanks for the help. What kit from crutchfield? the wiring harness

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.