Engine error codes, Is this possible? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Engine error codes, Is this possible?

2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 07-06-2008, 10:35 AM   #1
Gr8fulDeadHead
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Engine error codes, Is this possible?

Hey guys, new to all this, and an upfront thanks for all the info I've already learned just checking out the site. Now, enough brown-nosing and with the real problem......
My Jeep stopped running and wouldn't start. Checked the error codes initially and got:
12-batt disc.
33-A/C clutch relay circuit (It doesn't have A/C though)
51- O2 sensor running lean
14- MAP sensor voltage too low/high
55- End of codes.
I put in a new MAP sensor, and hose. She started and ran like a champ, but after being shut down, will not restart. The next set of error codes was
12-batt disc.
33- a/c clutch relay
13- map sensor vacuum (i had the hose off that time)
17- engine running cold
51- o2 sensor (lean)
14- map sensor electrical
55- end of code.
I replaced the coolant temp sensor and used contact cleaner on the MAP male end, and still no start. But the only codes I get now are:
12- batt sic,
33-a/c clutch relay
55- end of code
Any ideas? Thanks for even reading through all this BS, and hope your having a Gr8 day!

Gr8fulDeadHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2008, 11:17 AM   #2
03Wrangler

battery disc. is normal...

a/c is also if you dont have it (i believe)
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2008, 12:29 PM   #3
Gr8fulDeadHead
1994 YJ Wrangler 

if the a/c code is normal, and i don't have the "engine running cold" at this time, any ideas what could be preventing start? i'm at a total loss... thanks for the response.
Unread 07-06-2008, 03:21 PM   #4
03Wrangler

does it crank and sound normal?

is there gas in the tank?
03Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #5
Gr8fulDeadHead
1994 YJ Wrangler 

thanks to all that read this, and especially to those that tried to help. i figured out the problem and will elaborate in the blog section. thanks again to all of you!

Last edited by Gr8fulDeadHead; 07-13-2008 at 07:23 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.