Electronic Throttle Control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Electronic Throttle Control

2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wiOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Wheel Bearing & Hub Asse

Unread 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
08JeepLiberty

Electronic Throttle Control

I am a little concerned because I got into my 2008 Jeep Liberty this morning and the Electronic Throttle Control warning light came on as well as the tire pressure (which didn't concern me because this often happens when there is a drastic change in the weather) as well as the Electronic Stability Program/Traction Control System Indicator Light. There were no warning signs or issues leading up to this. I went online and found that there were several write ups with similar issues. I bought the vehicle used so I'm not even sure what my options are... any advice? I can't afford a ton of repairs on this vehicle, that's why I traded my old vehicle in for this one. HELP!!

08JeepLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #2
DanZ51
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Just throwing this out there:
How's your battery? You'd be amazed at the different trouble codes (DTC) that are set after a jump start.

You don't think you Liberty was flood damaged (before you bought it) do you?
Unread 03-11-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
SnowdogMarc
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08JeepLiberty View Post
I am a little concerned because I got into my 2008 Jeep Liberty this morning and the Electronic Throttle Control warning light came on
I wouldn't mess with this one. Get it flat decked into a repair shop and have them look at it. I hate fly by wire throttles in vehicles now...a buddy of mine was sitting at a traffic light and the ECM decided to go haywire and went WOT. He was lucky to be able to hold it back with the brakes and got it shut down before it went out into traffic.
l---L -[]lllllll[]-

()_) ()_)--o-)_)____________VE6-SDG
SnowdogMarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 07:54 AM   #4
Xpress
Not enough Lumens...

1989 YJ Wrangler 

Yes, get it checked out IMMEDIATELY. The perfect series of events might be slim to none to cause your electronic throttle control to go haywire, but it happens more often than it should..
-2004 Kawasaki KLR650 sunny day driver
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudsweatNgearz View Post
Leave em off and weld an I beam on. Bumperetts just scream homo.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the RIGHT of the people to keep and bear Arms, SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED."
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #5
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

How new to you is this vehicle?? Days or Months?
Get a warranty?

Tags
acceleration loss , electronic , throttle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.