Electrical Wiring Through JK Firewall - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Electrical Wiring Through JK Firewall

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!

Unread 06-14-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
eillirand
2010 JK Wrangler 

Electrical Wiring Through JK Firewall

Where does one run wiring through the JK firewall. I could not find any openings. I read one thread mentioning for auto transmissions use the opening where the clutch but I have a man. transmission so that option is not available.

Is there another place I am missing or do I have to drill my own hole?

2010 JK 4DR Rubicon Manual Transmissions.

Thanks!

eillirand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #2
SirGCal

Nah, just drill a new hole and use a grommet. It's not difficult. Just be sure both sides are clear and drill slow.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #3
donie
2014 KL Cherokee 

FWIW on either side of the dash, there is a removeable plate.
Remove the plate and push a screwdriver thru the foam into the engine compartment.
The right side comes out right by the battery.
Makes it easy to run and connect accessory wiring.
Hope this helps.
Unread 06-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #4
BoomBoom
2010 JK Wrangler 

Did the same thing as Donie for my windshield lights this weekend, ran the switch through the driver side hole as explained above, worked out well.
BoomBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
eillirand
2010 JK Wrangler 

Yep. Found the foam and got the wiring all done. Thanks.
eillirand is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
lflr-2012

Hey guys, I took your advice and had no problem getting from the engine compartment and into the cabin on my 2012 Sport S by puncturing the yellow foam. Notice that the last picture is of the clutch master cylinder which in my case being a standard transmission jeep would not allow me to puncture through the rubber seal like you would be able to in an automatic model. My new driving lights work great and it took about 15 minutes to pull the three wire I needed to pass from one side of the firewall to the other. I had a two-conductor set for the switch going to the relay near the battery and power to the switch going from the inside of the vehicle where the switch is and on to my left side front parking light bulb. This way my driving lights can only go on when my parking or regular lights are on so I don't forget to turn them off.

See the attached pictures.

Thanks, lflr-2012
img_0731.jpeg   img_0732.jpeg   img_0734.jpeg   img_0737.jpeg  
lflr-2012 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.