Electrical Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Electrical Problem

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 07-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #1
bfstewart3

Electrical Problem

For a while now, I've had issues with my interior lighting not working, and the door sound not working. I have an aftermarket stereo and alarm, which I hope are not piggy-backed in any way on the other circuits.

Does anyone hae any idea how I would go about diagnosing this problem? Thanks.

bfstewart3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
mylt1

cherokee, grand cherokee? what are you driving? if its a xj then you need to check the wiring going to the door. the wires will kink and brake after time. stupid question but have you checked the bulb? if that is good i would check the door switch. they go bad aver time as well usualy run in the 3-4 bucks a piece.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
bfstewart3

Sorry about that - it's a 2003 TJ.
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
mylt1

check the same. also check the connector that is next to your left foot. its where the wires can be disconnected. check the plug.
mylt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:50 PM   #5
bfstewart3

It's not the bulb - both overhead lamps and the interior lamps are all out, along with the door-open sound.
Unread 07-19-2006, 12:57 PM   #6
bfstewart3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylt1
check the same. also check the connector that is next to your left foot. its where the wires can be disconnected. check the plug.
Thanks! I'll check that out.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.