electrical manuals/system maint. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > electrical manuals/system maint.

Introducing MONSTALINER UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 05-26-2004, 02:24 PM   #1
scottishmage

electrical manuals/system maint.

who makes the best electrical manuals.
i have a 87 cherokee chief that has some serious electrical "issues"
i do low voltage work but i need a good set of diagrams and schematics.
the main issue is that the key lock cylender does not reliably put everything in the on position. ie. the radio wipers blinkers and a/c blower wont work. sometimes the windows work if you can get it in just the right spot.
reciently it will not let the engine contenue to run, just as if you turned the key off, here again it must be in exactly the right spot. and its getting harder to find the sweet spot.
i plant replace the the switch further down the column at the end of the linkage from the ignition key.
i am pretty sure that isnt the only problem, but its a place to start.
any suggestions are welcome.
thanks

scottishmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 07:42 AM   #2
SirGCal

Sounds like that whole rig might have some rotten wiring.. Maybe a call to Painless is the faster, better option.. ?? Just a though. Duno for sure. Not familiar with those rigs too much... Don't see many..

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2004, 08:49 AM   #3
scottishmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
Sounds like that whole rig might have some rotten wiring.. Maybe a call to Painless is the faster, better option.. ?? Just a though. Duno for sure. Not familiar with those rigs too much... Don't see many..
thanks for responding, i was able to fix 95% of my issues by replacing the ignition switch. this also seems to have allowed the parts store folks to get a decent reading with diag. scanner. my poor baby sees to be ok...for the moment, at least. but hey that is what project trucks are for, right.
thanks,
K.
scottishmage is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.