Electrical issue or just not enough coffee?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Electrical issue or just not enough coffee??

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-04-2011, 07:15 AM   #1
Geared_Up
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Electrical issue or just not enough coffee??

95, YJ 4.0,

I am trying to diagnose an issue with the headlights and the turnsignal, when i turn the key on, both turnsignal lights on the dash light up and the headlights dont come on. While checking the fuses in the electrical box under the hood i realized that i was getting 12.5V with the voltmeter but the ground on the battery was not connected, my probe was using the ground on the battery terminal, does this make any sense? Or am i just off?

Geared_Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Geared_Up
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As far as the problem with the lights go, The first pic is the jumper i had to put in to get the headlights to work, being that my Jeep has been tinkered with by someone else, i am looking for a few things,

#1 Is there supposed to be a fuse where the jumper is?
#2 Is the info in pic 2 correct as far as the fuses go? because if you follow where the jumper is then it is for the
2011-10-04_11-16-10_164.jpg   2011-10-04_11-16-21_10.jpg  
Unread 10-04-2011, 09:36 AM   #3
Geared_Up
1995 YJ Wrangler 

As far as the problem with the lights go, The first pic is the jumper i had to put in to get the headlights to work, being that my Jeep has been tinkered with by someone else, i am looking for a few things,

#1 Is there supposed to be a fuse where the jumper is?
#2 Is the info in pic 2 correct as far as the fuses go? because if you follow where the jumper is then it is for the 20A next to it is for the ABS pump which i dont have ABS?
Unread 10-04-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
tennman1990
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yes there should be a fuse there.
As far as the information on the fuse block cover, I would bet that the cover is printed for all sub-models of at least that year YJ (possibly all Jeep 4.0's) and would assume that some of the YJs do have the ABS system. So if your Jeep doesn't have the system then no biggie, just don't worry about a fuse in it. DO however get a fuse in your headlight slot as that is a bit of an electrical hazard with the jumper.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.