Electrical Fun - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Electrical Fun

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 07-24-2010, 05:32 AM   #1
pinstripefan90
1994 ZJ 

Electrical Fun

So I was wondering if any of you guys have run into this...I have a '94 ZJ and the other day I was pulling it into the shop and all the sudden my stereo, my digital hvac controls, and my information center went blank...no power to any of them, so I checked all my fuses in both the interior fuse panel and in the power distribution center, i don't have power to circuit breakers 26, 27 & 28. Chrysler DealerCONNECT won't show me diagrams or info b/c my vehicle is too old, I have just started looking through alldata and haven't looked into shopkey yet but I'm wondering before I start tearing things apart and tracing out wires, have any of you run into this problem. Also after messing around a little I realized my power locks, and power mirrors do not work as well plus my overhead display shows 0 degrees but still has the compass as well as all my fuel economy info, plus my security light on the dash is on but the jeep still runs and drives, everything worked previously until this incident, so if you guys have any tips or info I would really appreciate it.

-Jake

pinstripefan90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
ClimbStuff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If it was a major ground, the car wouldn't even start.... If you weren't getting power to the fuse panel, the car wouldn't start... if the fuses for each block are good, and power isn't getting to those specific blocks, then they must be all run through a relay somewhere... do you have relays in inside the fuse box too? Check those as well... if you have a relay activating all your in cab accessories, and it takes a crap, all your accessories will die at the same time... unless its a physical connection inside the box, that's the only logical explanation I can come up with w/o actually going at it with a DMM.
ClimbStuff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-24-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
pinstripefan90
1994 ZJ 

I actually just figured it out about a hour ago. I had a open, now I did what I would consider a hack job repair but I took apart the center part of the dash to look at the wires and check their continuity. Then I looked inside the rubber boots that hold the harness that goes into the door and I found a wire w/ the insulation pulled off it, checked it w/ my meter and it had no power, so then I grabber my power probe and gave it 12volts to see what would happen and then everything worked, so instead of pulling apart the dash and searching for the open I ran a jumper wire to 12volts and it works properly the way it should so I got it figured out but thanks for the advice.

- Jake
pinstripefan90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
electrical , electrical issue , electrical problem

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.