Drive shaft ripped out O2 sensor...... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Drive shaft ripped out O2 sensor......

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 11-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
joekachman
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Drive shaft ripped out O2 sensor......

I'm horrible at electrical and need some advice. My drive shaft ripped out my O2 sensor. I no longer have a connector on the wire harness. I know I can buy a universal O2 sensor and rewire it that way but I'd rather have a the connector. My question is if I buy a used wire harness is there another connector further back on the wire harness that I can take off a used harness to connect it or would I have to replace the entire harness?

joekachman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
chriskeenan
1999 XJ Cherokee 

go to the junk yard, snip off the part you need, they'll charge you maybe 5$ for it, and wire it to your harness, crimp-on butt splice connectors are stupid simple to use if you dont know how to solder. All you have to do is match the wire colors, splice them together, insulate them (electrical tape, heat shrink, ect.), and tuck them where the drive shaft wont find them.
chriskeenan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 10:26 AM   #3
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Pretty much what he said. I prefer to solder the wires and use heatshrink tubing, as you get a better connection. O2 sensors run very low voltage, and are prone to problems due to crimp connections. However, crimp connectors beat nothing.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #4
gunner44
1997 ZJ 

Hi,O2 sensor wiring hell for 96 xj - JeepForum.com:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/o...96-xj-1435633/

could you help this guy with wire colors, thanks
gunner44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.