Door Speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Door Speakers

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #1
jsilalack
2002 XJ Cherokee 

Door Speakers

hey guys,

I have an infinity system in my grand Cherokee and an aftermarket deck. my door speakers seem to only output the lows..... I was curious if there was a way to get them to almost be a full range? I want good sound thru out my car. not just the tweeters....
please any advise/help.. that would be great thanks

jsilalack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Zakrad_u
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilalack View Post
hey guys,

I have an infinity system in my grand Cherokee and an aftermarket deck. my door speakers seem to only output the lows..... I was curious if there was a way to get them to almost be a full range? I want good sound thru out my car. not just the tweeters....
What headunit are you using. It is very possibly that it has a build in low pass filter that is cutting out high frequencies..
Zakrad_u is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #3
9859limited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
hey guys,

What year abd which doors?
9859limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2013, 03:21 PM   #4
jsilalack
2002 XJ Cherokee 

What's abd? My cherokee is a 2002. And all doors are only putting out the lows. Only the teeeters are the highs. I want the front doors ro be the lows and the rear the mids/ highs. I'm using last year model kenwood KDC 155U. Hope this info helps out lol
Unread 07-28-2013, 07:09 AM   #5
9859limited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
What's abd? My cherokee is a 2002. And all doors are only putting out the lows. Only the teeeters are the highs. I want the front doors ro be the lows and the rear the mids/ highs. I'm using last year model kenwood KDC 155U. Hope this info helps out lol

Sounds like the factory amp is functioning as it should and splitting the tones like it's intended too. The only way to change it is bypass the factory amp. Also abd is and when autocorrect on my phone kicks in lol.
Unread 07-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
jsilalack
2002 XJ Cherokee 

how do I bypass the amp? I got a wire harness from car toys that they said is bypassing the amp?!?!?! do I need to wire the doors straight from my deck to my speakers? if so how do I know what the wires are? thanks
Unread 07-28-2013, 06:35 PM   #7
9859limited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
how do I bypass the amp? I got a wire harness from car toys that they said is bypassing the amp?!?!?! do I need to wire the doors straight from my deck to my speakers? if so how do I know what the wires are? thanks
On my zj (98 grand Cherokee) I had to physically remove the amp from under the back seat then cut the plugs and use a diagram to wire the wires together.
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #8
jsilalack
2002 XJ Cherokee 

so you took the speaker wires and wired them to what wires? and from where? (from under the seat or from behind the deck head?)
Unread 07-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
9859limited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
so you took the speaker wires and wired them to what wires? and from where? (from under the seat or from behind the deck head?)
Clipped the plugs under the seat at where the factory amp was then using a diagram attached the wires with matching functions.
Unread 08-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #10
jsilalack
2002 XJ Cherokee 

Cool thanks. One last question...do I need 6.5 or 6 3/4 inche speakers in the rear doors??
Unread 08-05-2013, 08:34 AM   #11
9859limited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Cool thanks. One last question...do I need 6.5 or 6 3/4 inche speakers in the rear doors??
Either one should fit. But here is a quote from crutchfield. " The rear speakers are 6-3/4" speakers, but because the door panel sits so close to the speaker, it's almost impossible to find a 6-3/4" or 6-1/2" speaker that will fit there. That means 5-1/4" speakers are the way to go, and there are plenty that'll fit. Mounting brackets and wiring harnesses are available, and included free when you purchase your speakers from Crutchfield. Removing the door panel is nearly identical to the process for the front doors."

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.