JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/)
-   -   Door Speakers (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f20/door-speakers-1552396/)

jsilalack 07-22-2013 07:59 PM

Door Speakers

hey guys,

I have an infinity system in my grand Cherokee and an aftermarket deck. my door speakers seem to only output the lows..... I was curious if there was a way to get them to almost be a full range? I want good sound thru out my car. not just the tweeters....
please any advise/help.. that would be great thanks

Zakrad_u 07-25-2013 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilalack (Post 15707096)
hey guys,

I have an infinity system in my grand Cherokee and an aftermarket deck. my door speakers seem to only output the lows..... I was curious if there was a way to get them to almost be a full range? I want good sound thru out my car. not just the tweeters....

What headunit are you using. It is very possibly that it has a build in low pass filter that is cutting out high frequencies..

9859limited 07-25-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilalack (Post 15707096)
hey guys,

What year abd which doors?

jsilalack 07-27-2013 03:21 PM

What's abd? My cherokee is a 2002. And all doors are only putting out the lows. Only the teeeters are the highs. I want the front doors ro be the lows and the rear the mids/ highs. I'm using last year model kenwood KDC 155U. Hope this info helps out lol

9859limited 07-28-2013 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilalack (Post 15725166)
What's abd? My cherokee is a 2002. And all doors are only putting out the lows. Only the teeeters are the highs. I want the front doors ro be the lows and the rear the mids/ highs. I'm using last year model kenwood KDC 155U. Hope this info helps out lol

Sounds like the factory amp is functioning as it should and splitting the tones like it's intended too. The only way to change it is bypass the factory amp. Also abd is and when autocorrect on my phone kicks in lol.

jsilalack 07-28-2013 12:35 PM

how do I bypass the amp? I got a wire harness from car toys that they said is bypassing the amp?!?!?! do I need to wire the doors straight from my deck to my speakers? if so how do I know what the wires are? thanks

9859limited 07-28-2013 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilalack (Post 15727863)
how do I bypass the amp? I got a wire harness from car toys that they said is bypassing the amp?!?!?! do I need to wire the doors straight from my deck to my speakers? if so how do I know what the wires are? thanks

On my zj (98 grand Cherokee) I had to physically remove the amp from under the back seat then cut the plugs and use a diagram to wire the wires together.

jsilalack 07-29-2013 10:37 AM

so you took the speaker wires and wired them to what wires? and from where? (from under the seat or from behind the deck head?)

9859limited 07-30-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilalack (Post 15731325)
so you took the speaker wires and wired them to what wires? and from where? (from under the seat or from behind the deck head?)

Clipped the plugs under the seat at where the factory amp was then using a diagram attached the wires with matching functions.

jsilalack 08-05-2013 12:13 AM

Cool thanks. One last question...do I need 6.5 or 6 3/4 inche speakers in the rear doors??

9859limited 08-05-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsilalack (Post 15757473)
Cool thanks. One last question...do I need 6.5 or 6 3/4 inche speakers in the rear doors??

Either one should fit. But here is a quote from crutchfield. " The rear speakers are 6-3/4" speakers, but because the door panel sits so close to the speaker, it's almost impossible to find a 6-3/4" or 6-1/2" speaker that will fit there. That means 5-1/4" speakers are the way to go, and there are plenty that'll fit. Mounting brackets and wiring harnesses are available, and included free when you purchase your speakers from Crutchfield. Removing the door panel is nearly identical to the process for the front doors."

The time now is 03:58 PM.