Does anyone here have RB1 + Mopar Sirius + Mopar Ipod ???? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Does anyone here have RB1 + Mopar Sirius + Mopar Ipod ????

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 09-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
DjPiLL

Does anyone here have RB1 + Mopar Sirius + Mopar Ipod ????

Ok my 2006 TJ came with stock Sirius Satellite Radio. I recently upgraded my headunit to an RB1. Found out I won't get title/artist to display unless I get some multiplexer unit and artist cable (or something along those lines).

Well I also recently got the Mopar iPod system. Connected that to my RB1 and daisy-chained the Sirius. The iPod displays title/artist. The Sirius still does not.

What do I have to get/install to get both the Sirius and iPod to display title/artist info? Do I need just an upgraded cable? Or do I need this multiplexer device? It seems like the Mopar Ipod system acts as a splitter so I don't see why the multiplexer splitter here is needed.

Has anyone got this working? Thanks in advance!

DjPiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Several people have reported that Sirius > Ipod > RB1 was enough to get Title/Artist info without adding anything else, so this sounds odd. If it was just Sirius > RB1 (what I have), the parts you need are WJ Installation Kit 1 (PN 82207564) and the Title/Artist cable (PN 82208322). If you're handy with wiring you might be able to just run from the one pin at the Sirius box to the Ipod box that is missing without the Title/Artist cable, but one nice thing about adding the multiplexer is you COULD add a CD changer without having to crack any dash panel except the one under the steering wheel if you ever chose to (I consider this fairly regularly since you can't listen to a CD and use GPS at the same time otherwise, but I've never read a good install writeup for installing either the 6 or 10 disc changer in a Wrangler).

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
DjPiLL

I have two cables now. The original one that went from satellite radio tuner to the RB1 (stock cable). And another cable that came with the ipod kit with the same end to end connectors as the first cable (one connector is larger than the other).

The difference is this particular cable that came with the ipod has one extra wire in it. I take it thats the title/artist wire?

If what you are saying is true, can't I just purchase another one of these cables (the one with the extra wire in it) and just use that in place of my stock cable? So this new replacement cable would go from the Sirius tuner to the Ipod interface, and the cable that came with the ipod adapter would go from the ipod interface to the RB1. And I would supposedly have title/artist capability for both?

Also I definitely have no plans for a CD changer. So if I can do this without the multiplexer... thats the way to go. Thanks.
Unread 09-16-2009, 12:31 PM   #4
commodore_dude
2006 LJ Wrangler 

No idea, since I haven't done it that way and haven't heard of anyone doing it that way... the only way I can say from personal experience works is to get the two parts I mentioned.

1998 Buick LeSabre Custom
commodore_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2009, 04:56 PM   #5
DjPiLL

I actually just bought a second ipod kit for my wife's Jeep 05 Liberty. I am going to try the cable that comes with that kit (with artist wire built in) as the feed from the Sirius to the Ipod and see if that works.
Unread 10-13-2009, 04:32 PM   #6
DjPiLL

Ok update and success!

I used the cable that came with my second ipod adapter 04869475aa, and replaced the cable 56055202aa that was originally in my jeep that connected my Mopar factory installed Satellite Radio to my old 6CD in dash changer radio.

So with this configuration I had title/artist on just the ipod adapter but not the Sirius:

Mopar Sat Radio ---->>> 56055202aa cable ---->>> Mopar Ipod Splitter Box ---->>> 04869475aa cable ---->>> RB1

Now I have title/artist displayed on both the Sat Radio and Ipod with this configuration:

Mopar Sat Radio ---->>> 04869475aa cable ---->>> Mopar Ipod Splitter Box ---->>> 04869475aa cable ---->>> RB1

It seems like the 04869475aa cable has an extra wire (I believe its a white cable with an orange stripe). I assume this was the title and artist cable?

Is there any easy way to add this wire to the 56055202aa cable? How do you insert a new wire into the factory wire harness and connectors?

I want to put my 2nd ipod kit in my wife's jeep, and i'd like her to have title and artist too.

Thanks in advance.
Unread 12-29-2009, 03:21 AM   #7
nesrual

DjPiLL, hopefully you'll be able to answer this as this is the exact setup I want to get installed.
Anyhow.
Do you recall revision number for the RB1 you bought? Was it H or I, or older?
Also, when you're using the RB1 do you run into issues with it showing SAT/iPod when you're running? I've heard the RB1 can be confused by the iPod Kit and the Sirius being installed at the same time.
nesrual is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #8
05jeepGC
2004 WJ 

Hey im bumping this thread because im in the same situation now. I just bought all the necessary parts to install sirius satellite into my 04 grand cherokee with RB1 Nav radio + the ipod integration kit. I also purchased that extra title/artist display cable(with the extra wire in it).

DjPill, has everything been working properly since you installed everything? I see the post above me was asking if the RB1 gets confused at all? Has your radio gotten confused with you selecting "ipod" or "satellite"?

I wont be using an ipod(I have a different mp3 player) but I want to make sure that I will still be getting the satellite artist and title displayed on the screen.

Thanks.

EDIT: I installed everything and it works perfectly!

Last edited by 05jeepGC; 05-02-2010 at 09:27 AM..
05jeepGC is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.