Does a 92' YJ have a wiring harness connection for the radio?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Does a 92' YJ have a wiring harness connection for the radio??

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion KitLJ Suspension Systems from Clayton Off Road

Unread 01-04-2002, 10:16 AM   #1
MusicMaverick
2010 JK Wrangler 

Does a 92' YJ have a wiring harness connection for the radio??

I guess the Title says it all. I have an aftermarket tape deck in there right now, I want to put a CD player in there and I havent checked yet but Is there an easy wiring harness connector that I can just plug-in or am I gonna have to do some splicing?

Past vehicles:
1992 YJ
1997 TJ
MusicMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
vector_3

Most all vehicles have a wiring harness provided the owner or previous owner hasn't ripped it out. Your best bet is to pull the old radio out and check. You'll then know if the harness is still there or not. If it is then go to a stereo shop or wallmart for a harness. Either way you'll have to do some splicing. Their is already a post on color codes if you have to splice directly to the wires. Good luck.
vector_3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.