We have been battling with our Jeep over the past year. I read a lot about them having electrical issues. This time I want advice instead of wasting money on parts that aren't the problem.
So far we replaced the battery, some fuses, and the starter.
Issue: The Jeep goes from having normal voltage on the gauge to nothing. Interior lights dim and display, where the compass and degrees are, shuts off. Most of the time it starts, but it will putter. When using the A/C or heater the voltage was staying around 14 on the gauge. When it is shut off the gauge drops. Last night going home, the gauge just dropped completely and check engine light came on. The battery had corrosion on the negative post so we tried another battery, but it was still not working right. I have codes P1682 and P1499 coming up. Is it the battery again? Is it a bad alternator? Is it bad battery cables? What else could it be?
Advice and experience is needed and much appreciated.