Dash speakers 4" or 5 .25? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Dash speakers 4" or 5 .25?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #1
markgavin
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Dash speakers 4" or 5 .25?

Better to do 4" Polk dxi400 with factory pod that came in dash or 5.25 without pod? Not looking for bass from the dash (have sub for that), just wanting a more balanced system. Currently alpine 4x6 in dash (nothing behind them), they struggle. Have alpine powerpak amp powering dash and rollbar speakers.

Thanks for any insight/advice.

Mark

markgavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #2
gily25
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If you have a sub that most 5.25" speakers will handle power better/produce better mids/highs.
Unread 06-11-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have Boston Acoustics 5-1/4" front (dash) and rear. Made a set of adapters for the dash mounts. Do a web search for Jeep 5-1/4" dash speaker brackets and you'll find a drawing. Pretty easy to do.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #4
terpsmandan
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I used 4" infinity's in the pods and reused the hi pass filters that came with the original speakers. I tried the 5.25 adapters and did not like that the tweeters were buried in the dash.
terpsmandan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.