dang speaker dont work - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-24-2004, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
limecolbyjack

dang speaker dont work

i didnt put the aftermarket deck in yet. i was messing with the fade and left and right when i noticed my rear left speaker doesnt work. i took it out and pluged in the other one that works and nothing. the only thing i see is when i put on my rock sliders a washer is pinching/smashing a brown wire with yellow stripe. which seems to be the same as the one where the speaker isnt working. how is this messing it up? is it grounding it out? or did i mess something else up? im going to un bolt the washer and cut the damage out and re solider it. hopefully this will work. if not im open to suggestions. thanks -chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-24-2004, 11:45 AM
SirGCal

It sounds like that wire might have been cut somewhere. You'd have to find where and replace/repair the damaged section. In the future be careful not to pinch wires.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-24-2004, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
limecolbyjack

found it, it was the washer on the rock sliders i tighten it down so hard that it spun and ripped the wire into. yep i hear ya sirG, measure twice cut once thingy. -chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.