Custom Sub Box - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Custom Sub Box

Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsWe have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 07-05-2011, 04:40 PM   #1
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

Custom Sub Box

It's basically impossible to find a JL Audio Stealthbox for a GC WJ. And they're a pretty penny if you do find one. How difficult would it be for me to make my own?

peytonimor7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2011, 05:23 PM   #2
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

^^^x2???
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Thomahawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
peytonimor7
2004 WJ 

I'm assuming it's even HARDER to find one in Norway. And if you do, I'm sure it's twice as expensive. I feel your pain Making our own will probably be the best option.
peytonimor7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 10:32 AM   #4
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

Yeah!, pain. Lol.

Pain is just cowardice leaving your body.

I Will problebly make My own when i start My audio project.
R.I.P. 2000 Grand Cherokee Limited, 4.7 V8, Quadradrive, Shale Green Metallic, Agate/Carbon interior, Well modded and highly missed :(

Buildthread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f197/jeep-norway-2th-buildt-overland-upgrade-1813490/[/url]

MONEY WILL CONTINUE TO BE THROWN INTO THE RIG UNTIL CONDITION AND SATISFACTION IMPROVES!!!
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #5
SirGCal

Making any of these boxes isn't "difficult" per-say... IT's simply about how much skill the builder has to how difficult it will be. If you take someone who'e never seen a table-saw, fiberglass, etc. and told him to build an elaborate box, to them it would be difficulty of infinity! But to anyone who knows how to use the tools, it's a simple build. To someone familiar with the tools but not the specifics of box building, it is only mildly complicated...

So the questions really are, how much do you know. That's going to tell you how hard it's going to be. If you happen to have seen a saw once in shop class, I'd find someone else to either teach you or build it for you.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGCal
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
SirGCal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:15 AM   #6
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
Yeah!, pain. Lol.

Pain is just cowardice leaving your body.

I Will probably make My own when i start My audio project.
God I wish that was true... Then I could just say I was a bloomin coward that won't seem to stop... Being always in pain truly sucks... (My MS makes me always feel like I've been lit on fire... The super-weird thing is; it's amazing what the mind will get used to... I actually burned my self (3rd degree) at a cookout not long ago because I didn't even notice my arm smokin...)

Anyhow, sorry for the off-topic but... Back to our regularly scheduled program... If anyone wants to continue this, I get PMs constantly. Feel free. Otherwise let's try to stay on topic here.

Living and loving on borrowed time. Life with Multiple Sclerosis. My MS/Life blog, Audio and Electronic write-ups, project how-tos, pictures, stories, and more.

Quote:
If you can't take a nano-second to press shift/period/etc. and make proper sentences and paragraphs, I don't know if I can take a few minutes to respond to your topics... It doesn't have to be perfect by any means, but a little effort goes a long way.
Unread 07-06-2011, 11:18 AM   #7
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

I have Been building sub boxes and done alot of wood work and audio systems in the past, also played around abit with fiber glas when i was in the boat buisness.

Unread 07-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #8
SirGCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomahawk View Post
I have Been building sub boxes and done alot of wood work and audio systems in the past, also played around abit with fiber glas when i was in the boat buisness.
Then for you it should be pretty simple. You just need to learn the specifics about this box with your planned sub and set out the project to paper.

Quote:
Unread 07-06-2011, 12:28 PM   #9
Thomahawk
2004 WJ 

O'yeah. I Will, but this project have to Wait a little bit. I am Waiting to build up some $ to Go for the complete system at once, have done alot of resurch and now i know what i want/need, recently i used alot on maintainence and power upgrades, exhaust, super chip, Shocks. So its not on the top of the list Really yet. Also need an addco rear swaybar first. Never ending story..........

Unread 07-07-2011, 12:47 AM   #10
TJDaveC
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by peytonWJ View Post
It's basically impossible to find a JL Audio Stealthbox for a GC WJ. And they're a pretty penny if you do find one. How difficult would it be for me to make my own?

Like SirGCal said, it all depends on how your woodworking abilities are. You don't have to make it out of fiberglass. Look up the needed airspace on the subs you plan on using, find out if they work better with sealed, vented, or ported boxes, then build it according to the specs you find. All it takes is some particle board, wood glue, screws, carpet, and wire disconnects. You can build a decent box for less than $50.

PM ME!
TJDaveC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
custom , enclosure , sub box

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.