Crazy blue unplugged wires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Crazy blue unplugged wires

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 08-08-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
Nooner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Crazy blue unplugged wires

Anyone know what these unplugged blue connections are? Driving me nuts trying to figure out what they go to. Any help would be great!

img_1962.jpg   img_1439.jpg  
Nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #2
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That's pass. side? Looks like one of the plugs I disconnected but they were all on driver side. Any codes or anything?
Wordgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 06:59 AM   #3
Nooner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

crazy blue wires

I don't know where to find codes on the wires. But here are two more pics that should show them better. Thanks for help!
Unread 08-09-2013, 07:01 AM   #4
Nooner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

OOps, here are the pics.
img_9541.jpg  
img_1449.jpg

Unread 08-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #5
Indy

Maybe they go into whatever attaches to the mounting plate you took pictures of.

Never underestimate the power of stupid.
Indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #6
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I see you don't have AC. I think they're the pigtails for the compressor.

Taken from my '99 4.0.

On top of the compressor

Just under it, to the front

Another view, taken from the front

They come out of this harness

There are four connections. Two to the AC compressor (shown to the right), one to the solenoid (pointer) and I think the last one to/from the alternator.

Not a great pic and I couldn't my "pointer" down there, but there's a wire that plugs into the back of the alternator. This one meets up with this one

[/QUOTE]

And they loop in front of the battery then go into the firewall.

I would think, however, if these aren't connected you'd have some noticeable problems.

Hope it helps.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #7
Nooner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wordgie, Thanks for the info. I think from your pics that the AC compresor is mounted on top of the alternator bracket. That would definetly explain the two up front. I failed to mention that its the 2.5 powerplant. Is there any chance that the two blue connections coming from the fire wall behind the battery are for the unused factory foglights?
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #8
Nooner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Indy, I think you are right. From Wordgie's pics that plate looks like where the AC compressor would go.
Unread 08-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #9
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nooner View Post
Wordgie, Thanks for the info. I think from your pics that the AC compresor is mounted on top of the alternator bracket. That would definetly explain the two up front. I failed to mention that its the 2.5 powerplant. Is there any chance that the two blue connections coming from the fire wall behind the battery are for the unused factory foglights?
Yeah, the bracket is for the AC. I was taking my pics when you posted that so I didn't get a chance to address it. My thinking is, those wires are for the AC. Did yours originally have AC or did the PO ditch it?

I'm not thinking fog lights since mine didn't have the lights or the pigtail under there.
Unread 08-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #10
Wordgie
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Look under the bracket and to the back of the alternator just to make sure that pigtail is there. Like I said, it should be there or you'd have other issues like it not starting.
Unread 08-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #11
Nooner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

pigtail

Thanks agin Wordgie I believe you are correct on all accounts. And no it did not come with AC. When I get off duty today Ill crawl under the alternator and look. I'm just going to ziptie these unused ones to keep them out of the way. The one up front is long enough to get into the serpentine belt. Thanks again!
Unread 08-09-2013, 04:59 PM   #12
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

It's for A/C. It's cheaper to use one general wiring harness for all model trims options. It's this way with every car manufacturer.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.