Computer Keeps Resetting - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Computer Keeps Resetting

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in Stock

Unread 12-11-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
AgentOrange96
1994 ZJ 

Computer Keeps Resetting

Hello,
I've been having an issue recently with the Vehicle Information Center in my '94 ZJ. (The computer display) It keeps resetting every few days or so. It seems to reset also in the same geological location too. What is important to know is that the actual computer was replaced quite recently along with the battery because the old computer was overcharging the battery. So battery is new and the computer is from another Jeep. This problem, however, did not start with the new computer. It had been going on before then. I suspect somewhere there is a loose connection or a damaged wire delivering power, however I have no idea where that would be. So, if anyone has any other ideas or could help me figure out what contact or wire might be at fault then please tell me. That'd be very helpful. Thanks!

I saw this post in another forum but again my battery is new.
Also, a bonus:
Jeep VIC made into a digital clock!

EDIT: Actually, reading the bonus link I posted, maybe it's the VIC itself. :/

AgentOrange96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #2
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange96 View Post
Hello,
I've been having an issue recently with the Vehicle Information Center in my '94 ZJ. (The computer display) It keeps resetting every few days or so. It seems to reset also in the same geological location too. What is important to know is that the actual computer was replaced quite recently along with the battery because the old computer was overcharging the battery. So battery is new and the computer is from another Jeep. This problem, however, did not start with the new computer. It had been going on before then. I suspect somewhere there is a loose connection or a damaged wire delivering power, however I have no idea where that would be. So, if anyone has any other ideas or could help me figure out what contact or wire might be at fault then please tell me. That'd be very helpful. Thanks!

I saw this post in another forum but again my battery is new.
Also, a bonus:
Jeep VIC made into a digital clock!

EDIT: Actually, reading the bonus link I posted, maybe it's the VIC itself. :/
A lot of guys take it apart and resolder the solder points. There's a few threads around here about it, honestly it's not very difficult.

Even more guys just take it out and replace it with a cubby hole.
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #3
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Clean your terminals and the other sides of the ground wires. Also I'm not sure but does the case Isfahan the PCM need to be grounded?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.