Coaxial cable - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Coaxial cable

Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-RoadTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGTJ, YJ & LJ Drop Down Tail Gate Conversion Kit

Unread 12-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #1
LWB1217
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Coaxial cable

so i just purchased the uniden 520xl and a 4ft firstik 2. im thinking about the teraflex driver side mount. just a little confused about which coaxial cable i should get, how does the firestick connect to the mount, am i missing some small connector piece here?

should i get the coaxial with two pl259 connectors or should i get a coaxial with one pl259 and on the other end terminals?
thanks for the help.

LWB1217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

RG-58 is what you want. At the biggest I'd use, RG-8x works but is more expensive and not as flexible or easy to run as RG-58 is. I would run RG-58 which is the most popular and perfectly suitable for a CB with that distance between the CB and antenna. RG-59 looks like RG-58 but RG-59 is not the right stuff... make sure it says RG-58.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:57 PM   #3
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

You want the coaxial with two PL259 connectors. To see how to connect the firestick to the mount, look here:

http://www.stu-offroad.com/cb/tfmount/tfmount-1.htm

I agree with Jerry on the type of coaxial to use.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

You will need the Teraflex bracket, an antenna mounting stud, coax antenna cable that matches your antenna stud, and the antenna. The two most common antenna studs use either bare wires or a pl-259 screw on cable end.

www.firestik.com has FAQ and TECH sections that explain how to choose your antenna components, how to install them, how to tune the antenna and how to troubleshoot any problems. The info applies to all brands of CB antennas.

teraflex.jpg  

According to the National Shooting Sports Foundation, AR-15 sporting rifles account for nearly 20% of all U.S. firearms sales.

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new Healthcare ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.
CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 04:23 PM   #5
JPNinPA
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Though not a huge issue I'd use the RG-8X despite the added cost.
What ever you pick make sure it is not a solid center conductor. They do not wear well. The center conductor does not like being bent or flexed.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.