Clicking coming from my glove box - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Electrical, Audio, GPS, & 2-Way Radio > Clicking coming from my glove box

Offset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 09-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
lanks20

Clicking coming from my glove box

I've got a 95 zj and when my doors are open one of the relays/fuses(looks like a black cube with 5 prongs) starts clicking nonstop until I close the doors again. I tried changing it out with a new one and it only got quiter and is just getting louder everyday now. Any suggestions?

lanks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:08 PM   #2
samlancashire
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Is this just all of a sudden or after a mod?
samlancashire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
JeepNicholson
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanks20 View Post
I've got a 95 zj and when my doors are open one of the relays/fuses(looks like a black cube with 5 prongs) starts clicking nonstop until I close the doors again. I tried changing it out with a new one and it only got quiter and is just getting louder everyday now. Any suggestions?
Kinda sounds like a low battery, does it start okay?
JeepNicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:37 AM   #4
lanks20

It's been doing it ever since I baught it. I'm gonna get the battery tested and probably get a new one. A couple of months ago I had a faulty rear driver side window switch, I replaced it and it fixes all the problems! About a week after tho the ticking came back and was back to square one
lanks20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2013, 11:42 AM   #5
samlancashire
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If your vehicle starts it is not a problem with your battery. This is a wiring issue somewhere
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Which relay is it that is clicking? I'm not great at electrical but it sounds to me like you've got another circuit bleeding over and starting to trigger the relay. And it sounds like the other circuit is something like the door light circuit which is closing when the door opens and the door switches close the ground. If I were you I'd get myself a factory service manual for your year and check the wiring diagrams to see if those circuits share anything in common.
Unread 10-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
samlancashire
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Best thing to do right now for diagnosis: take out the relay and see what stops working

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.